• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen 2 Russell Day Long seat eBay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajpagosa

Reaction score
Not mine, but somebody might want to grab this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/121752005079

%24_57.JPG

holy cow those wings are extra hugemongous...

I'm a bit curious how large the guy was who had it made....

I saw this on eBay so I asked the Seller about his/her size: 5'-9" Tall.....190 Pounds.....30" Inseam

I've seen lots of Russell seats and some of them are pretty funky looking but this one takes the cake.

I'm afraid those "wings" could cause lift & instability of the motorcycle at triple digit speeds.
haha.gif

Ha ha, you guys. All Russells have wings like that though those do appear bigger than normal. I just got a great deal here on a Sargent seat set which I am very pleased with otherwise I'd be interested in trying that seat.

At 5'9, 190, this clearly wasn't made for the seller. Looks like leather, buts it's seriously fugly. I'm tempted, but I'll just sit and watch.

Been there, done that. Hated the RDL tho I tried hard to like it. Sold it. Way too tall, sitting on instead of in the bike. Would have had to spend $$$ for more riser plate(s) & windshield barn door to be comfortable. Wings prevented reaching the ground comfortably. If you're unsure don't waste your money.

I felt the same way with the RDL. I didn't lose any money on it though.

<br />Been there, done that. Hated the RDL tho I tried hard to like it. Sold it. Way too tall, sitting on instead of in the bike. Would have had to spend $$$ for more riser plate(s) & windshield barn door to be comfortable. Wings prevented reaching the ground comfortably. If you're unsure don't waste your money.

I would love to get a RDL for my present FJR, but will go a different route this time.

I loved my RDL for my 2004. If my RDL looked like the first post above, I never would have bought it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been there, done that. Hated the RDL tho I tried hard to like it. Sold it. Way too tall, sitting on instead of in the bike. Would have had to spend $$$ for more riser plate(s) & windshield barn door to be comfortable. Wings prevented reaching the ground comfortably. If you're unsure don't waste your money.
For the people that dont want their Russell seat any taller than stock, they offer a "sport seat". You get the benefits of a russell seat but it is not any taller than stock.