• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen 2 seat, Windshield, Bag Liners, + ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cord

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm a relatively new FJR owner. Bought it late last summer and didn't get a chance to put a ton of miles on it but enjoyed what I did do.

I'm looking for a few things for my mostly stock '06 blue beast.

"Immediate" needs are a new seat and a windshield. I'm open to discussing what's available.

I believe my preference would be the V stream or the Cal Sci for the windshield, but open to options.

For the seat, I'm also open to options, but I'm looking for comfort for rider and passenger.

I could also use a set of bag liners for the panniers.

Basically, the bike is relatively stock and I'm just getting into the farkling thing. I don't think I'll go for exhaust upgrades or the like just yet, but interested in options/farkles I may not be familiar with. If you have a Gen 2 item collecting dust, let me know!

Thanks,

Cord

For seat's we have Rich's in the PNW and he has an apt over his shop so you can spend the night and ride back the next day, Russel Day Long is another option for comfort seat. I left Rich's a set of seat pans for the Gen2 so you can go ride after he knows what you need for a seat. here's his link. https://www.richscustomseats.com/

Thanks, Markus.

I'm aware of Rich's and the RDL but was hoping I'd be able to find something on the used market as doing all the upgrades at once can be a bit of a kick in the wallet. That said, the idea of driving down and getting it custom fit is appealing.

Thanks,

Cord

Thanks, Markus.
I'm aware of Rich's and the RDL but was hoping I'd be able to find something on the used market as doing all the upgrades at once can be a bit of a kick in the wallet. That said, the idea of driving down and getting it custom fit is appealing.

Thanks,

Cord
I know it can cost quite a bit, keep an eye out in the For Sale section, buying a used seat is hit or miss, I have bought used seats and still needed to have Rich's make adjustments, and Rich's will make adjustments later if you are having any issues with your seat.

Few people sell their Russells until they decide to sell their bike. If you've ever had one custom made to your measurements, you'll understand why. Each year, as wwe head into winter, there's usually a cross-board group buy offered up by an enterprising member working with Russell. Keep an eye peeled as it's the best chance to save a little dosh.

I have a set of Rick Mayer seats I need to sell to help pay for suspension. They were far better than stock for me, and are heated. Was considering keeping pillion for heated wife seat, but could consider the set. Also going to put my CalSci windshield back on and figure out whether or not to sell. More to follow

https://s1322.photobucket.com/user/motiontwoofmn2/media/GEORGE-PC/Pictures/Phone%20Photos%2021913/GEN%202%20CORBIN%20GRAY%20LEATHER/2012-12-17174553_zps8b250c77.jpg.html

Hi. I have a near perfect Corbin seat set in gray leather from my '06. I'm asking $350 US (Paypal - friends and family = no fee) plus shipping and insurance which includes a tracking number. I'm not sure the best / cheapest shipping options to Canada but will investigate. I can get you more photos emailed if you'd like. Thanks. George

I have a front Corbin seat I'm not using if you are interested. My wife liked the back seat so that part is a keeper but for me the I prefer the stock front seat with wood beads better than the Corbin. Also, I'm in Everett, Wa so if you want to meet half way we could do that and avoid shipping. The seat is in good to new condition (used it for a little while on my 2011 FJR). If you are interested, shoot me a PM and tell me what it is worth to you and maybe we can meet to swap this seat for some cash (American dollars BTW). Eddie.