Gen-4 headlight modulator?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
I'm trading in my 2005 FJR A (Gen-1) for a 2018 FJR A (Gen-4, non-ES) with the LED headlight assembly.

I have aftermarket LED headlights and the Kisan headlight modulator on my Gen-1, which is fantastic.

I'd like to have a headlight modulator solution for my new Gen-4. Kisan presently doesn't list anything available for Gen-III models. I've got an email into their sales department and am awaiting a reply, but I'm wondering if any of y'all have already found a solution.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard back from Kisan. They have a compatible module coming out very soon. Part # P115W-H3-FJ4.

Here's the details:

Paul,

We do have a plug-in pathBlazer for the factory LED headlights of the 2015 and newer FJR1300 models.

<picture forum won't let me post of the P115W-H3-FJ4 modulator>

It will be available beginning July 22nd. That's the production schedule. The initial production run has already sold out.

Andy
[email protected]

Since you brought up the topic, I put headlight modulation "so others can see me" in the same category as "loud pipes save lives". More visible gear is so much more effective! In my not so humble opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised they have one for LED's. (I didn't know the Yamaha LEDs were dimmable.) Does it go 80% to 100% like most of the ones for incandescent bulbs?

I'm not a fan of headlight modulators - gets you noticed but not necessarily in a good way. They piss off a lot of drivers and you may not know how they will react, especially when you are following someone in traffic. (It annoys and distracts me to have a flashing headlight in my rear view mirror.) I like my fork-mounted Glendas and the mirror mounted Ericas for getting noticed (on dimmest settings during the day). A flick of high beam (with LEDs going to 100%) is useful if a driver doesn't seem to be paying attention.

Headlight modulators make a huge difference. Kind of like blinkers- if you leave them on all the time, you’re the problem, not the modulator. I talked to Kisan a couple of months ago. They said they were still working on one for gen IV FJR’s.