Gen II Crash Bar Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI - this thread will probably be moved to the Group Buy section by an admin within a few hours...if not sooner...
Actually it started in the Group Buy section but apparently it didn't qualify and still doesn't because it's "A work in progress".

Honestly I kinda like it out here where the vendor can see the thread w/o registering.

-MD

FYI - this thread will probably be moved to the Group Buy section by an admin within a few hours...if not sooner...
Actually it started in the Group Buy section but apparently it didn't qualify and still doesn't because it's "A work in progress".

Honestly I kinda like it out here where the vendor can see the thread w/o registering.

-MD
Renegade Thanks for all the hard work I do know how these GB can become pretty involved!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Add me to the list ... it is only money :yahoo: !

I just want the standard black as my bike is the AE gray and it will look sharp!

Best regards,

Shane

This is still a work in progress.
But based on the photos of the crash bars in this thread: Clicky here

I am interested in these crash bars for my Gen II (06) bike. For more than just crash protection, perhaps better highway peg mounting options.

The folks that made these for George are: www.racing905.com

I'm still trying to gather the details, but it's looking like the following:

* Minimum order to get this group buy off the ground: (5) (I am one of those) so we need (4) more victims.

* Cost will be roughly $300 plus shipping.

* Color: Powder coated in Black, other colors available for an additional charge.

Updated Q&A

Questions I have to them are:

1: Can they estimate the shipping costs. ($35 to lower 48 States)

2: Does this include any/all mounting hardware? (Yes all mounting hardware and installation instructions are included)

3: What is the cost for the additional powder coating? (Additional colors are a $55 setup charge)

If you are interested in a set of these, please post your name in THIS thread. I suspect if we can get 10 or more the price will be even less, perhaps $275 a set for both the front and rear crash bars.

Tracking

Confirmed people (by their posting) as of 1/15 3pm EST

1: Renegade (Black)

2: Chris D (Black Cherry Set)

3: Daddyman (Black)

4: Slow2 (Black)

5: vol210 (Black)

6: Jon (Black Cherry Set)

7: GWing (Black Set)

8: FJR13k (Black Cherry Set)

9: C5INC (Black Set)

10: Niehart (Black Set)

Half Sets:

1: twistedcricket (only wants the rears / Black Cherry)

Unsure? On the Fence?

1: Pat C

2: Phugedaboudet (Black Set)

3: Silent (he'll come around ;) and since he's not sure about the backs should split a set with twistedcricket ;)

4: Old Bear (Black/Silver)

5: 01VFR (Black Set)

6: Motorcycle-Ed (Black Set)

Disclaimer:

This Un-Official Group Buy is simply an organization of a group of members in order to get the best price possible.

- I take no responsibility for these bars, their worthiness, or value, though I fully intend to participate, purchase and install a set myself.

- I am representing to the vendor that we have X people interested, again to get the best price possible. I have no ties to this vendor and should they turn into a complete schmuck, you agree to hold me harmless as I'll be in the same boat as you.

- I gain nothing from doing this, no free bars, no free anything. GMC gets the credit if any credit is to be given as he's the one that got them created in the first place.
I'm also in for a black set. doctorj

Add me to the list ... it is only money :yahoo: !
I just want the standard black as my bike is the AE gray and it will look sharp!

Best regards,

Shane
Buy me a set too since it's only money! I'm on the fence still. Want to buy, but low on dough at the moment. Wish these were available to buy anytime of the year.

OK, because this is just turning into a big pain in the ass, I've changed the way I'm tracking it. Off-line in a GoogleDocs spread sheet.

If you've signed up or are on the fence, please take a moment and check the graphic in post 1 (click) I have attempted to track the post number in which you committed if you did.

Please post if I have you in the wrong category (In/Fence) and/or if I have you down for the wrong color.

Right now it looks like we have 13 committed, I expect 2-3 of those to back-out or flake out. It happens. I also hope that we'll get 2-3 of the fencers to fall to the good side.

I'm going to call the vendor today and try to confirm a +10 qty price and flush out the ordering process. I also hope that GMC will send me his new pics.

Regardless, this semi-organized buy will end at End of Day Monday (for me that's midnight EST) based upon what ever pictures or info that we have at that time. It may not be any more info than we have now. But we have enough people to make this worthwhile for the vendor and that's all I wanted to accomplish.

Thanks,

-MD

OK I think I'm in for a dark cherry set..... however I sure wish I knew how the cornering clearance is for those rear guards. I hate to put them on and end up dragging them. They do look like great protection for the bags though.
Renegade,

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself to clear in the above post. I'm actually still on the fence, because I'm hoping to see some more pictures and some feed back from GMC in regards to the corner clearance of the back racks.

Thanks

OK I think I'm in for a dark cherry set..... however I sure wish I knew how the cornering clearance is for those rear guards. I hate to put them on and end up dragging them. They do look like great protection for the bags though.
Renegade,

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself to clear in the above post. I'm actually still on the fence, because I'm hoping to see some more pictures and some feed back from GMC in regards to the corner clearance of the back racks.

Thanks
Noted, and updated.

Good News:

1: The final 10+ price will include FREE Shipping

(So total out the door of $300 instead of $335 for a complete set)

2: Still waiting for a count as to how many Black Cherry pieces they can do at once and therefor spread the additional cost (quoted at $55 upcharge).

3: They DO have the color code used for George's pieces, so you can expect yours to match his and will use the same powder coater that he used. No it's not an Exact match but pretty damn close, my understanding is that his were done 2x to get it right.

4: These will be orderable items at regular price after the group buy, the Retail price for the FRONT's alone is $275, I don't know what the retail for the rears is. For those of you on the fence for $ reasons, it's possible you can put together another group buy later in the year.

5: I should have some more pictures today, hopefully from George, but 905 is sending me the pictures they took.

The following photos were sent to my by 905 Racing:

Front1.JPG

Front2.JPG

Rear1.JPG

Rear2.JPG

Oh, my they kinda look horrible w/o the bags :) Good thing I never run that way.

-MD

Last edited by a moderator:
First, thanks for setting this up. I know how it snowballs into a real pain in the rear. :fan_1:

Second, I want mine silver so that it will blend in a little more. Not a problem, if they can't do that, I will take the black and send to our friend, Garauld.

Again, Thanks.

First, thanks for setting this up. I know how it snowballs into a real pain in the rear. :fan_1:
Second, I want mine silver so that it will blend in a little more. Not a problem, if they can't do that, I will take the black and send to our friend, Garauld.

Again, Thanks.
Yeah, the way this is going to unfold is...

You're gonna get Black, unless you call them and make other arrangements. Because they did George's they have a pretty close match for the Black Cherry. (I don't know if the above pictures were from the first try or the 2nd but they look to match pretty well on George's photos).

They do offer other colors, but I'd be scared to try and match any of the FJR Blues. However, if you're willing to take the risk you can work that out with them, or send em to Gary (I may do that, wifey really wants them to match).

I personally can't let this get anymore complicated than it already is, so for the purposes of THIS Un-Official Group Buy, your options are BLACK or BLACK Cherry :)

-MD

Thanks for championing the cause Renegade. Please PM the name and number of the person you're dealing with at 905? I'm going to pick mine up locally as the shop is just South of me. Thanks again Bub.

Renegade,

I ordered a set of bars in Black Cherry. I looked at the pics in Post #48. IMHO the color of the bars does not match the bike close enough. If the pics in Post #48 were the first attempt, and there is a better match, I'd like to see it before confirming my color choice. If the photo shows the second attempt at getting the color right, please change my order from Black Cherry to black. Even if the colors don't match, I'm still in but make mine black.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this.

Renegade,
I ordered a set of bars in Black Cherry. I looked at the pics in Post #48. IMHO the color of the bars does not match the bike close enough. If the pics in Post #48 were the first attempt, and there is a better match, I'd like to see it before confirming my color choice. If the photo shows the second attempt at getting the color right, please change my order from Black Cherry to black. Even if the colors don't match, I'm still in but make mine black.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this.
No sweat, I hope to get better photos from Garry. I *think* the bars match pretty well in his photos and I don't know, but suspect that the photos from 905 were the first try.

I think your best match would be having Gary paint them.

Ordering details will be posted on Monday, by default all orders will be BLACK. If you want Black Cherry, there will be additional instructions to get them that way.

-MD

Renagade, THANK YOU for all your work on this. I know it has to be a PITA, but it is appreciated by those of us in the field!! I'm about 99% sure I'm gonna order a set-what the heck, it's only $$ and ONE scratched bag would cost a whole LOT more than the set of bars.

Let us know the ordering info as soon as you can (contact name/number) THANKS AGAIN!! :yahoo:

Renegade,

OK - in spite of my 'pending separation' at work - I HAVE TO have a set of these -

Please add me to the list. Black is fine.

KD....

Please add me to the list. Black is fine.
KD....
Added, you are lucky number 13 (for now)

Renagade, THANK YOU for all your work on this. I know it has to be a PITA, but it is appreciated by those of us in the field!! I'm about 99% sure I'm gonna order a set-what the heck, it's only $$ and ONE scratched bag would cost a whole LOT more than the set of bars.
You are still on the 'Fence' list, I don't have a category for 99% :)