Gen II Crash Bar Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys! If you have an AE. You might have a problem. I was looking at the picks. I don't think the crach protection bars will work on an AE model due to the shifter box on the side. I need to call them in the morning!

[/quote

Let me know, I also have a AE.

+1
Bars will go back if fit isn't right.
For the record... I'm impatient. I also believe I am one of the first to get the bars and, therefore, I want to know what it takes to make them fit and how best to advise the shop to adjust their manufacturing. The altimate goal is for us to have yet another great product for our FJRs and not to have to "mess" with it when we receive it. Therefore, I consider last night's "tweaking" part of the testing and review process.

I agree, the bars need to go back if they don't fit. We also need to let them know if there are differences between models and model years. In fact, I would like to see them make the changes (after we confirm it is not just my bike with the problem) and send me another bar. I'm just up the coast from them and shipping is quick. I'm happy to be their test bed.

I'm anxiously awaiting feedback from others when they get their bars. Please try not to be upset that they don't fit, remember that this is a first production run and there are bound to be issues. Nope, I'm not affiliated with them in the least. I'm just trying to be reasonable.

+1
Bars will go back if fit isn't right.
For the record... I'm impatient. I also believe I am one of the first to get the bars and, therefore, I want to know what it takes to make them fit and how best to advise the shop to adjust their manufacturing. The altimate goal is for us to have yet another great product for our FJRs and not to have to "mess" with it when we receive it. Therefore, I consider last night's "tweaking" part of the testing and review process.

I agree, the bars need to go back if they don't fit. We also need to let them know if there are differences between models and model years. In fact, I would like to see them make the changes (after we confirm it is not just my bike with the problem) and send me another bar. I'm just up the coast from them and shipping is quick. I'm happy to be their test bed.

I'm anxiously awaiting feedback from others when they get their bars. Please try not to be upset that they don't fit, remember that this is a first production run and there are bound to be issues. Nope, I'm not affiliated with them in the least. I'm just trying to be reasonable.
Thanks for the reasonableness Duff. So far my dealings with racing905 have been nothing but top notch. I have no doubt they will make them right if there is something amiss.

Can't wait to try mine when I get them.

If anyone is close and can take their bike to them and have them fit a set to see the issue that would be most helpful. Alas this is something I obviously cannot do.

Edit: I shot an email into to racing905 with a link to your photos and discoveries...

Again if anyone can swing by, especially someone with an AE this would be most helpful.

-MD

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks to George and Renegade. I finally fell off the fence on the purchase side. I just ordered a full set in black. It will be interesting to see what we can come up with in the way of addons such as sliders and especially highway pegs.

Stephanie from 905 left me a voicemail while I was at lunch. She showed Duff's photos to the fabricator and he thinks it's an easy fix with an extra spacer...

Still if someone can swing bye that would be sweet.

-MD

Hey Guys! If you have an AE. You might have a problem. I was looking at the picks. I don't think the crach protection bars will work on an AE model due to the shifter box on the side. I need to call them in the morning!
Racing905 has been notified of a possible issue. I called since I did not want mine getting painted by Gary and then not fitting; they would not be returnable then. Racing905 seems to be really on the ball. They know that Renegade has asked for any local AE to show up for them to look at. They have also sent someone out to the nearest Yamaha dealer to see if they could look at an AE (hopefully, 2009s are the same).

Also, they were holding back on shipping the ones going to Garauld since they suspected he would be painting them. They said that they want to make sure the bars are right before they fill the orders going to Garauld.

Thanks Renegade for all your efforts.

Stephanie from 905 left me a voicemail while I was at lunch. She showed Duff's photos to the fabricator and he thinks it's an easy fix with an extra spacer...
Still if someone can swing bye that would be sweet.

-MD
Although a spacer would fix one issue, it would cause another. I'm sure they will see what happens if you spacer the bar out: First, the weld that faces the rear actually fits BEHIND the frame. A spacer would put that weld directly on the frame and push the bar forward. Second, it would require a longer rear motor mount bolt as the stocker would be too short. I think a modification of the rear mount itself to clearance the items around it better would solve the issue.

Not sure what the AE issues are, but I'm headed down to my dealer just to see if they have one I can take a gander at.

Let me know if they want any other information from me. I would be happy to talk direct to them... maybe I'll call...

Just got off the phone and they are great. Going to pass along a little more information and see if adjustments can be made.

Racing905 has been notified of a possible issue. I called since I did not want mine getting painted by Gary and then not fitting; they would not be returnable then. Racing905 seems to be really on the ball. They know that Renegade has asked for any local AE to show up for them to look at. They have also sent someone out to the nearest Yamaha dealer to see if they could look at an AE (hopefully, 2009s are the same).
Maybe somebody could run a Gen I over to them as well, and they could check fitment on a rear set, or even get the measurements to fab up a rear if the existing rears won't fit?

There's a boatload of Gen I owners's that could be customers....

I left a message and a email requesting I be put on the group buy list at the current best price, but don't want product shipped until it's clear that product will fit my Gen I just fine. Await an answer about that before end of day today as I'll be out of pocket tomorrow and don't know if they'll be available or a person working to answer tomorrow being Sat. I have a mission for my friend to attend and coordinate tomorrow as well and will not have my cell phone turned up.

The imperfect fit of the current received product of one does not give me warm fuzzys and I hope they'll give us time to gain confidence in the fittment issues for both Gen II and Gen I, while extending the group buy prices and sales requirements / conditions the same other than the deadline.

I really think all the work and effort here will come to fruition to all of us buyers and potential buyers and appreciate all partys efforts in this matter. :clapping: :yahoo:

I'll post if and when something happens with this situation.

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

Hey guys. Talk to stepheny today. Is there anyone in the area with an AE that can go by to see if the bars will work. She is going to hold my order until they can see if it will work. They might hold all AE orders. If so, Please let the forum know.

Have not surfed the forum in a while...

Just saw this group buy tonight. Like the front bars for my 08', so I ordered them. I'm in...

Rummy

I'm in the same boat as NSrider about the Canadian shipping. Stephanie told

me it would be $45.00 I told her to wait on the shipping till I figure something out.

Frank H