Gen III Fork Bushing Dimensions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCrazyBird

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a set waiting to install, or know off hand, the dimensions of the fork bushings specifically? Working with a parts supplier who’s already got me a significant discount on tires, oil seals, dust seals, and tapered roller bearings, but is having a hard time locating the bushings. Dimensions would help his efforts. TIA!

What year? All Balls Racing sells bushing kits for at least Gen I and Gen II FJR (didn't look at others).
Gen II is
https://www.allballsracing.com/38-6144.html
Price seems reasonable.
Can't speak for quality (some of their bearings have been problematic, but not all.
They also sell fork oil seals and dust seals.
https://www.allballsracing.com/56-158.html

Some of their stuff is sold under "Pivot Works" - premium price, presumably higher quality.
Note: All Balls sources stuff from all over. Some is great and other maybe not so hot.

What year? All Balls Racing sells bushing kits for at least Gen I and Gen II FJR (didn't look at others).
Gen II is
https://www.allballsracing.com/38-6144.html
Price seems reasonable.
Can't speak for quality (some of their bearings have been problematic, but not all.
They also sell fork oil seals and dust seals.
https://www.allballsracing.com/56-158.html

Some of their stuff is sold under "Pivot Works" - premium price, presumably higher quality.
Note: All Balls sources stuff from all over. Some is great and other maybe not so hot.
Sorry, should’ve been clear, looking for the bushings for gen III. I’ve found the parts, but my supplier doesn’t have any leads on that specific kit from all balls, and they don’t have dimensions listed. He’s looking to get bushings that will be exact fit but not necessarily made for the FJR.

Sorry, should’ve been clear, looking for the bushings for gen III. I’ve found the parts, but my supplier doesn’t have any leads on that specific kit from all balls, and they don’t have dimensions listed. He’s looking to get bushings that will be exact fit but not necessarily made for the FJR.
Can't help with specifics on dimensions for Gen III. (I probably have an old set from a Gen II kicking around that I could measure but that isn't much help.
Note: If you are looking at Gen III, you also need to specify "A" or "ES".

Can't help with specifics on dimensions for Gen III. (I probably have an old set from a Gen II kicking around that I could measure but that isn't much help.
Note: If you are looking at Gen III, you also need to specify "A" or "ES".
Yes we did work through that already luckily. Gen II had 3 bushings like the Gen IIII right? Should be interchangeable for A models I’d imagine, if you get a chance to measure that’d be awesome, if not no worries.

Yes we did work through that already luckily. Gen II had 3 bushings like the Gen IIII right? Should be interchangeable for A models I’d imagine, if you get a chance to measure that’d be awesome, if not no worries.
I will have a look and see what I might have. I recently went through some of my junk and some bits got turfed. I can let you know what I have.
On my last bushing change, I omitted the middle one as per recommendations by Traxxion Dynamics (makers of my AK20 fork cartridges).

Edit: I just compared Yamaha part numbers on the bushings between 2011 and 2014 "A" and they appear to be the same.
I also looked at 2019 "A" and it appears to be different - only two "slides" or different nomenclature? Check part numbers.

Last edited:
No worries if you don’t find it, I guess I can pay full price for one piece of this service/upgrade lol I have the Penske rear shock, maybe since I’ll have it all torn down I should just get their fork cartridges and springs too…

No worries if you don’t find it, I guess I can pay full price for one piece of this service/upgrade lol I have the Penske rear shock, maybe since I’ll have it all torn down I should just get their fork cartridges and springs too…
As per my edit - note that the 2019 "A" has different part numbers from the 2014...

My old bushings disappeared in my old garage junk purge, my apologies.
I was doing a bit of searching and, in addition to the All Balls source, I came across these guys with very good prices for kits including bushings, seals and dust caps. Don't know if the kits include washer, retaining ring etc. and no idea if they are any good. Just an other possible source... Picture for Gen II only seems to show two bushings - maybe the third is separate? Anyway, wouldn't hurt to investigate.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn=p-k-n&store_name=pknworldwidemotorcycleparts&_oac=1

No worries, I’ll probably just order the bushes separately from elsewhere, just wanted to give this dude all the business because of the discounts he was able to get for me!