Georgia FJR Riders Group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toss me in that Briar Patch,
Robert W. Rominger (Gyrobob)

Newnan, GA

2004 FJR ABS

Will be 61 on Thursday (28 Feb)

normally referred to as Bob,... usual username in various forums is Gyrobob

Oh!!! BY THE WAY!!! How many of you Georgia FJR types will be at the FJR get together on 6 March in Ponce Inlet for Daytona Bike Week? The meet will be at a worthwhile restaurant called Down the Hatch on the morning of the 6th. Hope to see lots of you (us) there!!
Bob - I could be wrong, but I think we met a few years ago. You had just gotten your new FJR. We met (I think...) out at Falcon Field -- traded bikes for a VERY short ride. I'm in PTC.

Shooter

I will be rejoining the FJR community in the very near future. :yahoo: PM sent. Question for the locals in Atlanta, can anyone recommend a good dealer for service?

I will be rejoining the FJR community in the very near future. :yahoo: PM sent. Question for the locals in Atlanta, can anyone recommend a good dealer for service?
I can sort-of recommend Moto 400 in Dawsonville. I have bought parts there but have not had any work done except mounting and balancing tires...they did a fine job with that. The service manager did tell me that they have done at least one FJR tick repair and I got the impression that it belonged to one of their staff. The whole operation seemed first-rate to me, admittedly based on limited experience.

I can sort-of recommend Moto 400 in Dawsonville. I have bought parts there but have not had any work done except mounting and balancing tires...they did a fine job with that. The service manager did tell me that they have done at least one FJR tick repair and I got the impression that it belonged to one of their staff. The whole operation seemed first-rate to me, admittedly based on limited experience.
Thanks!

I got me a nice 2007. Runs great except over 3000 feet. A new ECU is on order per the recall.

Did the Dragon, Cherohola, Desoto Falls, Cloudland Canyon, Little River Canyon, Cheeha run to test it out.

IMG_0310.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is just too funny!

Canes, where in Ga are you? Would help a bit to know whats close to you. If you are in NW Ga, Bartow Power Sports is where I took my FJR when I got hit last year. They did a fantastic job putting the FJR back together and I couldn't be more happy with the work or the treatment.

As for all the normal Maint, my garage is where mine is done.

Tyrone - a suburb of Peachtree City. :lol: I tried Cycle City out today. They replaced the ECU for me per the recall. When they were done there were no scratches or damage and it ran fine on the way home, so I'm happy. I have received a lot of negative feedback about them though.

-

That is just too funny!

Canes, where in Ga are you? Would help a bit to know whats close to you. If you are in NW Ga, Bartow Power Sports is where I took my FJR when I got hit last year. They did a fantastic job putting the FJR back together and I couldn't be more happy with the work or the treatment.

As for all the normal Maint, my garage is where mine is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
For one of the best FJR mech around you need to go to Metro Cycles and ask for Ashley to do any work you need done, I have known him for about 4 years and he has an 06 with 52k miles on it and it runs smooth. He is a Yamaha USTGP contestant and is one of the top ten Yamaha mech in the USA. He is very meticulous and tells you exactly what he thinks so there is no run around.

He has his own web site that i will pm you a link to.

PM sent.

I have to join this group; all my other friends ride HD!

I too am curious if anyone has good/bad/indifferent comments about techs at Millenium or Lawrenceville? Millenium has already gotten off on the wrong foot with me by filling my brand new crank with Kawa oil. Oh the heresy!!! :angry:

PM sent.

I have to join this group; all my other friends ride HD!

I too am curious if anyone has good/bad/indifferent comments about techs at Millenium or Lawrenceville? Millenium has already gotten off on the wrong foot with me by filling my brand new crank with Kawa oil. Oh the heresy!!! :angry:

Many of us do our own maintenance. Oil changes are an absolute piece of cake. I remove one bolt on the lower fairing, cover the lower fairing with aluminum foil, drain the oil, and then remove the filter.

The center stand allows for easy tire changes, as well. While I bought the manual for about $60, there are many threads on the forum with great pictures that allow you to do your own work.

Give it a shot!!

Many of us do our own maintenance. Oil changes are an absolute piece of cake. I remove one bolt on the lower fairing, cover the lower fairing with aluminum foil, drain the oil, and then remove the filter.
The center stand allows for easy tire changes, as well. While I bought the manual for about $60, there are many threads on the forum with great pictures that allow you to do your own work.

Give it a shot!!
Not to belabor the point in this thread but I too have turned many a wrench in my time. I was kinda hopin' to get away from that at least a little. Besides, I've got some old engine oil in my garage that'll probably turn back into a dinosaur shortly! :) :)

Attention Georgia Riders List: Please check the first post in this thread. I have created a module on my website to handle the list. This will make managing the list and getting information to everyone a Lot easier. Please follow the link and get registered so you can find some new riding buddies and friends!

Thanks,

JW

Attention Georgia Riders List: Please check the first post in this thread. I have created a module on my website to handle the list. This will make managing the list and getting information to everyone a Lot easier. Please follow the link and get registered so you can find some new riding buddies and friends!
Thanks,

JW
I saw six members on your link, Is this link at some point going to give us the complete list that GASportsrider put together at the Oct. Rally?

Yeah I'm hoping a lot of those people will go to the link and register. If not I will add them manually.

Thanks,

JW

Yeah I'm hoping a lot of those people will go to the link and register. If not I will add them manually.
Thanks,

JW
Ok, sent info back at you. I thought that mike was sending out the list but this seems like it will work great. Need any help with anything just let me know.