• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GiVi HPS X0.1 Helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creg-ny-baa

Reaction score
This is a clever helmet, and I like it a lot, but I just don't wear it.

GiVi claims that this is a true "modular" helmet, in that it can be reconfigured with two different chin bars, (one conventional, above, and one with a bunch of venting, below) or without a chinbar at all, which they call the "jet" configuration (open face).  The attachment of the chin bars is very robust, as are the bars themselves.

This mode does allow a lot of air movement.  The face shield is optically good, and there is a flip-down sunshade.  Uses a micro-ratcheting closure as opposed to D-rings.  The interior is comfortable.  The finish is matte black without dings or nicks.  Used very little, kept clean, non-smoking home.  Comes complete with the helmet bag, a spare shield attaching screw, the tool for shield removal, and the block-offs for the chin bar attachment point when in "jet" configuration.

This is a size M, but I'd classify it as a roomy M, as I normally wear a Shoei L.

I have other pictures, but didn't want to swamp the site where I've got them posted.  PM me for those and for any questions.  Asking $100, shipped in the CONUS; PayPal accepted/preferred.  Thanks!