1st Hand Feedback Request: Scorpion EXO GT920 Helmets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naults posts full sticker on their riding gear but when asked nicely to price match they will. It's the old car sales thing, "Let me go ask my boss", but they have always met my asking price and thrown in extras.

Cheek pads are only interchangeable between XS-L and XL-XXXL.
Are you positive about that? I thought that I read that Scorpion had gone to 3 shell sizes for the 920. Yup, that's what it says in Web Bike World's review. What it doesn't mention is which sizes use the same shells, which is what would impact where you can interchange cheek pads.

The Scorpion web site faq indicates that the EXO900 was 3 shell sizes. (XS-S / M-L / XL-3XL) but doesn't list the EXO920. I'd bet they are still the same 3 shell sizes.
laugh.png
The cheek pad info came from Revzilla. Saw that when I was ordering cheek pads and thought I should mention it here.

It is pretty important if you are, like me, between an L and XL. The thinner XL (or larger) cheek pads won't fit into the L (or smaller) shell.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Shoei Neotec had just a smidgen more room in the forehead area, I would have bought one last time I went helmet shopping. By my evaluation the Shoei appears to be better engineered than the HJC, Scorpion and Nolan modular helmets I've looked at. I ended up buying the Shoei RF1200 because the fit was the best of any helmet I had tried. I was super comfortable right out of the box. Comparable to the Arai Signet Q which I liked a lot, comfort wise but it was over $100 more than the RF1200 and the face shield is of better construction on the Shoei, IMO.

What I'm saying is, the premium helmets are more than just advertising and expensive endorsements. I think they do offer a better product in many areas. The $150- $250 helmets I used to buy are noisier and the vents, hinges, seals, etc. just feel a little chinsy compared to my Shoei. The Shoei was about $450 but I'm happy with the purchase.