Givi mounting help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zom

Reaction score
I currently have a Monokey case (forgot the size) mounted with the Givi rack, SR346. I just purchased a Corbin seat & it appears the bar on the rack will interfere with installing the seat. I have only looked at it so far & not experimented with it much as it's buried in the corner of the garage. I've done some searching & it looks like the GIVI Topbox Replacement Rack from Premier Cycle Accessories is an option. https://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/FJR...gv-pca-rack.htm

Has anyone used this before? Does it come with it's own bar to mount? Or does it use the stock rack & mounting positions?

I have not been able to tell from my searches if this partiular rack uses the stock equipment, or if it's more secure. Any help or more details about alternatives would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have the Premier mount. It uses the stock grab bar and mounts to the cycle using the stock 3 bolts on the rear-end. It really is a nice set-up although I hear you should'nt over load it. I used it extensively last year in Canada. But I only used it for my camping set-up; 2 sleeping bags 1 small backpacking tent, & 2 sleeping pads on the optional Givi luggage rack (that stuff is fairly light). It worked great for us. I do highly recommend the Admore lighting kit that is available through Premier for the Givi, it works- looks great!

I called Premier & they said it could be used with either the stock mount or Givi bar. I like the Givi bar as I tend to pack a lot of stuff in the case, so I was hoping to find something similar. I took the bar off to see how the seat would fit, & it turns out I have other issues. The seat I bought is the "close" model. Well, the seat pan now interferes with the cruise control module. Looks like I have some searching of the forums to do to figure out where else it can be mounted so as not to interfere with the seat.