GMRS/FRS Channel for EOM-11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
The "official" GMRS/FRS radio channel for EOM-11 will be Channel-7 (with no/zero sub-channel coding).

Carry on!

No. FRS / GMRS freq's are not the same as CB channels.

Would that be channel 7 on an old fashioned CB as well?
Oh, and since you didn't mention it, I just turned my ROGER BEEP back on, just for you, Jeff.
Kick the CB echo chamber effect on also.

Roger beep = most annoying radio feature ever invented. The inventor is going to a special place in hell right next to the inventor of the car alarm...

You mean that if I bring my FRS/GMRS radio there will be someone there who will actually talk to me? I got into the habit of leaving it home because it is always silent. :glare:

I run GMRS & use it a lot when I ride. Sharon also runs GMRS radio. Yeah Geezer, there will definitely be folks there with radios.

There will be lots of folks running FRS/GMRS radios for Bike2Bike. Anyone caught running VOX (with it set sensitive to wind noise), or the wretched Roger Beep, will be summarily deflated and left on the roadside to rot.

Basic radio etiquette requests that you...

1. Disable VOX and instead use PushToTalk. Only if your PTT malfunctions should you attempt to use VOX, and even then, only with an extremely low sensitivity setting so that others are not listening to the wind blowing past your helmet. Under NO circumstances should you sing while using VOX. :(

2. Find a way to shut off that damn Roger Beep. It's not the beep YOU hear when a radio button/key is pressed. It's that gawdawful beep heard by everyone else as you stop transmitting. The inventor of the Roger Beep is cleaning sewer drains from the basement of Hell.

3. Allow the leader of the group to maintain control of the chatter. Most of the communications should take place between the leader and the sweep. Improved safety for everyone is the primary reason for Bike2Bike.

4. If you decide to split-off for any reason, pick a different channel and give others in the main group a courtesy heads-up. People really do care what happens to you and why you are not responding.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, just to be perfectly clear*

Channel 7 is FRS/GMRS shared frequency of 462.7125 Mhz.

You should be able to use channel 7 on either an FRS only, or any combination FRS/GMRS radio.

* some GMRS only radios use different channel numbering

Last edited by a moderator: