Good source for OEM Side Cases and other accessories

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjskach

Reaction score
Had a spill on my 2006 FJR1300AE and the right side bag saved my leg but was crushed doing so. Was wondering if anyone knew of used or parted out FJR sources or good prices on new ones. I have the Silver model. I am also needing a new windscreen and headlight cover. I was very lucky to have just cosmetic damage after going over a 10ft embankment flipping over and landing in a creek with large boulders in it. I now know that having an auto clutch model does have its dis-advantages of not being able to feather the clutch when making tight slow turns. My only injury was my pride and a cut on my nose from my inner helmet visor.

Chris

You are lucky to have had as little damage to you and to the bike as you did.

While I have a pair of bags in my basement in 2006 colors, they are for the 'A" (works for the '12 too). Ad it is a pair.

You can always buy a bag and have it painted (Garauld on the forum is a great resource for that). The most common source for used bags would probably be eBay - that's where I got my spare set . . . of course I now ride a black SE, so the bags, if I keep them and my smuggler will need to be repainted.

Thanks Frank, is that the Tenere that you have now. How do you like it? I just finished a tour of the Dolomites and French/Swiss/Italian alps on a 1200GS. Had a lot of fun on that bike, but still missed my FJR. Saw a lot of GSs but not many ES models on the road up there. Did see a few FJRs also, but the dominate bike seemed to be the GS. Regarding the bags, I'm not sure what you meant by "they are for the 'A" (works for the '12 too)"??? Could you elaborate?

Thanks

Chris