got my new backrest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolman1958

Reaction score
i just received my new backrest today and hope my wife likes it cause i have the yamaha top case and she finds that the position is to forward and after awhile she get tired, so i will keep you posted on a trial run

some pic of it made by custom world here in montreal for 200.00 can $$

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

ya i am real happy with it, the quality of leather and paint is superbe.

And i like the FJR in the back, i am gone remove the pad and put a glowing sticker beetwen the pad and the support so the letters will come out cool at night..

ya i am real happy with it, the quality of leather and paint is superbe. And i like the FJR in the back, i am gone remove the pad and put a glowing sticker beetwen the pad and the support so the letters will come out cool at night..
Thats a very cool idea!! I wonder how much it would cost to order up a couple rows of generic LED's and wire them into your tail/brake light.

WW

Hey WW if you find a web page that shows a small LED in diameter let me know, i dont know much about LED stuff.

Is that your bike with the Yamaha stickers on the rear of the side bags ? where did you get those stickers?

Rob

Hey WW . . . Is that your bike with the Yamaha stickers on the rear of the side bags ? where did you get those stickers?
Rob
You can get them from Premier Cycle Accessories.

btw, the Backrest looks great ! I wonder how hard it would be to add a rack so you can strap a duffle bag on for longer trips??

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree it looks great. I suggest caution on the speedy takeoffs with a passenger. It looks as though part of the passenger will be over/behind the rear axle making it easier to wheelie. Ride safe.

Hey WW . . . Is that your bike with the Yamaha stickers on the rear of the side bags ? where did you get those stickers?
Rob
You can get them from Premier Cycle Accessories.

btw, the Backrest looks great ! I wonder how hard it would be to add a rack so you can strap a duffle bag on for longer trips??
actualy they make a rack that bolt directly on top of the backrest

https://www.cw-intl.com/PageFlipCW/Main.asp...D=4&MagNo=6

page 155

Maybe someone can arrange a group buy for these. Its looks pretty good and the price is better than the others ones I have seen. the only issue will be shipping and extra fees for it coming from canada.

That's a good looking dog. I lost my 13 year old tri-color early in the year. Have been trying to enjoy the relative lack of responsbility since then. But am really wanting to find a nice sable to adopt.

OK, thread hijack over. Nice backrest.

- JimY