Got rear ended

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you are alright. You know it's about time the rest of the US gets on- board with California so we can lane split. Much safer that way.

what the hell,glad your ok buddy,locally there has been a rash or rear ends,including 2 motor officers killed in la,thats why now I go to the front or as far as I can to the front at every stop.heal fast my friend,the pups will help in your recovery.

Whoa! Glad you're relatively unscathed, bro. I drove through Seattle years ago in a cage. It was pretty terrifying even then, and I'd be petrified to ride a bike on those damn freeways.

Wish you a speedy recovery, and good luck with the settlement.

Really sorry to heard this!But glad that you are ok!Wish to see you soon on a new fjr!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew, scary! Glad to hear you're relatively all right. The timing gives you the opportunity to be the first on a 2015! Best of luck with recovery, settlement, and purchase.

What a nightmare situation. Got a cold sweat just playing it over in my mind.

Glad you seem ok and refuse to stay down.

Marcus I am so very happy to read that you are relatively OK, just glad that it was not worse for you. Motos can always be replaced, good friends like you cannot be replaced! JSNS!

Getting hit in the rear is some scary sh!t. I feel your pain brother, I've been hit in the rear twice. First time was practically a non event. Guy misjudged his stop and bumped just as he came to a stop. I was able to hold the bike up, it bent the license plate. Second time was a different story. Full size F-150 hit me in the rear going about 30, I was going maybe 5mph. It totaled out the bike and I walked away with some bumps and bruises but was ok. Bike did not fair as well… Good luck with your recovery!!

Marcus, really, there are better and less painful ways to upgrade your bike! I echo the sentiments of everyone else that you are ok. Evidenced by you talking about a new bike in the same paragraph as the wreck. Definitely interested in hearing the follow-up. Cuffs? Awesome! Heal quickly.

Bob

I had another friend hit from behind the same day on I-5. He was passing a truck and a driver sped by in his lane to the left and clipped his left handlebar. He bailed left sending the bike lowsiding into the truck tires, and walked away okay. No one caught the speeding cager. I-5 seems to be totally out of control...I had a habit of running FJR nominal speeds to avoid being overtaken at ridiculous speed differentials.

Glad to hear this one similarly turned out okay, but there has to be a better way to go shopping for a new bike.

Glad to hear you survived and are on the mend. I am seriously considering the Volo lights for the times I only down shift without using the brakes and a little bit more peace of mind. They flash when the bike begins to decelerate to inform followers you are slowing down with or without brakes. They even offer one that makes use of your existing tail light if you prefer a

cleaner look. They will offer a group buy if we have enough interested.

Vololights-Module-4-14_large.jpg

https://vololights.com/

Vololights-Carbon-Fiber_large.jpg
Vololights-Brakeless-Deceleration-Indicator_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! Sorry you have to go through this. Glad to hear you're relatively unscathed and will be able to ride again. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a smooth purchase on a replacement bike.

Happy you survived this and hope your rehab goes well. We'll figure a way to get you the Rueben Run if you are able to go.

Happy you survived this and hope your rehab goes well. We'll figure a way to get you the Rueben Run if you are able to go.
How about we tie him down to the rack on the Bushtec and run down 25, he could ride it like a hack!

Marcus, the shock is yours and what ever I can do to help let me know.

Marcus, the shock is yours and what ever I can do to help let me know.
Assuming you're talking about an old OEM replacement for an about to be extracted and saved after market shock, this is what we like to see!
That is the correct assumption Mr. Bum. Also is happening with a bunch of other parts on the bike, levers, seats and such.