Gray tube, left side... what is it?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayshaw91

Reaction score
I was doing my early season maintenance today and went in and took a peek at the air filter. First off, what a bitch to get to it. Anywyay, I noticed a gray tube with a 45 deg cut at the unattached end that traces back and I think connects to the gas tank. It at least clamps on to something close to the gast tank.

I was worried I disconnected something and the bike wouldn't run, but she fired right up. Pwew!

Is that a dranage tube of some sort? What's that dangling gray tube for?

Open the cap on your tank.

Look for an little, round, orange thingy.

Squirt a little fuel into the orange thingy. See where it goes.

Jay, Apparently ya ain't drinkin enough. What ever it does, it does. I suggest tilting a jug an not getting any grey hairs over it! Well it's eighty degrees right now, to hot to ride this infernal machine.. Suppose I'll get drunk instead.........

:jester:

80 is too hot? Dude, you live in Michigan. 80 is a blessing for us and you know it. Put down Granny's Special Sauce and get on your bike. Heck, while you're at it, come down to AA and help me change my plugs and do a TBS. Never done either. :)

Thanks for the info on the tube. I figured with the 45 deg cut it was just a drain tube or something like that. Just making sure.