Great helmet info

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good video......The more people learn about the proper fitting of helmets the better,,,,I like and have an Arai....If you could go to a MC store and purchase a helmet,and at the same time fit the right size pads,that would be the way to go,to buy a helmet.........But I haven't seen a shop that does that........Unfortunately the only thing that measuring the head does is to get the right size shell....Then you have to go though a lot of crap (and not to mention $$$$)getting the(optional) right size pads after you have bought the helmet with the wrong size pads to replace.

The reason I mention this,is that the more plp that know it,the more likely in the future we'll some day have m/c shops that will have that option.....I hope....

FYI...I used to fit helmets to pilots in the Navy/Air Force......

At the Seattle Motorcycle Show weekend before last a friend of mine's wife was fitted with an Arai helmet by Robert at the Service Pavilion www.theservicepavilion.com. He spent more than two hours correctly fitting her Arai Profile. I was so impressed that I brought my Arai in the next day for a fitting. He has all kinds of tricks to make your Arai helmet fit correctly. Very impressed and you can bet that is where I will be buying my helmets from now on.

I am still looking for that elusive perfect fitting, lightweight, less noise, great ventilation helmet! I have one now that meets a few of those criteria (Exo 400), but I'd love to walk into an MC shop and have an Arai guy, for example, fit me by finding the right helmet for my shape head, then try on carious size pads to get to the right fit. I'd buy it no matter what the price (well, within reason).

I also read a lot of reviews and see a lot of helmets that would work online, but other than the usual four of five brands EVERY shop has, it is next to impossible to try on that one helmet that sounds great!!!

https://webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets...cle-helmets.htm

I am still looking for that elusive perfect fitting, lightweight, less noise, great ventilation helmet! I have one now that meets a few of those criteria (Exo 400), but I'd love to walk into an MC shop and have an Arai guy, for example, fit me by finding the right helmet for my shape head, then try on carious size pads to get to the right fit. I'd buy it no matter what the price (well, within reason).
I also read a lot of reviews and see a lot of helmets that would work online, but other than the usual four of five brands EVERY shop has, it is next to impossible to try on that one helmet that sounds great!!!

https://webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets...cle-helmets.htm

Barry

Did you get a chance to go to the motorcycle show in San Mateo the other weekend? The Helmet Man - Bruce Porter is always at the Arai booth fitting anybody that shows interest. From there you can walk over to The Helmet Pavilion and get the proper helmet fitted with the right cheek pads and skull pad just like what you saw in the Jay Leno video. Bruce fitted me with an Arai Profile a few years back, I've been a happy camper. :D

Brodie

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got to echo the other's sentiments. I got my head measured at the Arai booth at the IMS this year, and found out I was a perfect fit for a Medium sized Vector. I never would have guessed that I could squeeze my head in a medium, always having owned large sizes in other brands. It fit like a glove, and no sooner did I get home than I called up Gary McCoy and ordered one. It was one of my boxes under the tree this year... and I couldn't be happier.