Greater Portland Area Service Depts?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeftBase

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone knowledgeable, competnent, dependable. They don't have to be friendly, just get 'er done right when they say they will....

What're your experiences? I'm coming up on that all important first valve adj...

If you aren't going to do the work yourself, I've had good experience with Beaverton Honda/Yamaha's service department. Every dealership will have plus and minus reviews, including this one.

If you are ever down this way and need something let me know. I have a shop with a couple lifts, a tire machine and lots of tools. I even know how to operate most of it.. :)

I had my 16,000 tune up when passing through the Portland area at Beaverton Yamaha and other then taking longer then expected they did a good job. Put everything back together correctly and my trip home went smooth. Unlike my 32,000 mile check at Michael's in Carson City where they tried to re-use the head gaskets and I had oil coming out of my fairing by the time I got home. Needless to say a second visit was required which is a pain when you live over 100 miles from the dealer.

maybe not in Portland, but Pro Caliber Motorsports in Vancouver ROCKS! Beaverton sucks, Oregon City Sucks... Had to go all the way to Pro Caliber for the ECU change but man they are good, no issues at all, and while the bike is being worked on you can wander their HUGE showroom.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my FJR over to Pro Caliber Motorsports in Vancouver as I was heading out of town on the Harley for a week. I left it for them to put on my new Heli clamp and risers, and they replaced the cam-chain tensioner under warranty. The service manager did a quick listen to it, said he knew there had been issues with them, and said they'd take care of it. They also mounted up a pair of tires I had and put 90-deg valve stems in. All together it was a good experience. I'm going over there today to pick up my new magnetic drain plug that they ordered in for me. They tell me they sell tires at barely over cost and mount them while you wait, just to get folks in the door. So far I give them an A+.

If you aren't going to do the work yourself, I've had good experience with Beaverton Honda/Yamaha's service department. Every dealership will have plus and minus reviews, including this one.
Gunny on Beaverton Honda/Yamaha. I've gotten to know the folks over there quite well, and have been very happy with their service and the way I've been treated as a customer. Nate Kulland is who I always work with and is excellent at follow-up communications. As an aside, a couple of the people there are FJR owers as well and truly appreciate our, uh, "passion" for our bikes (Jennifer York who works in the accessories department - and who will be joining us on the group ride to NAFO this July, among them).

I had my 16,000 tune up when passing through the Portland area at Beaverton Yamaha and other then taking longer then expected they did a good job. Put everything back together correctly and my trip home went smooth. Unlike my 32,000 mile check at Michael's in Carson City where they tried to re-use the head gaskets and I had oil coming out of my fairing by the time I got home. Needless to say a second visit was required which is a pain when you live over 100 miles from the dealer.
Thanks, looks like they've got a few fans here. I'm out on the Oregon Coast, so I'm a hundred or so miles from anywhere. I'm a little leary of the dealers out here who may not have seen an FJR before.

I only allow EDR Performance to work on my bike. They are THE professional's in the area. I've had bad experiences with dealers. EDR is competitive on normal maintenance and the best part of it. They will actually tell you that you don't need something done. Most "stealers" will take your money and walk away and do something just because.

EDR is in downtown and works on many of the racers bikes in the area. Gice them a try

Ray

I'm looking for someone knowledgeable, competnent, dependable. They don't have to be friendly, just get 'er done right when they say they will....
What're your experiences? I'm coming up on that all important first valve adj...

I know Salem is farther for you than Portland, but have had good experience with Power Yamaha in Sublimity, about 15 miles east of Salem, and just had a set of tires put on by Cycle Sports in Salem. Cycle Sports charges $15/wheel, on the bike, to mount tires whether you buy them there or not. $25/wheel if you bring in the wheel off the bike. Asked them whay and they said just to get the bikes in the door to get extra service work. Was thinking they might try to "encourage" me to do some other things while the bike was there, but they just put on the tires and thanked me for bringing the bike in. Good luck wherever you go.