• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ground Spider overload harnesses

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Art,

Just wanted to thank you for getting the harnesses to me so quickly. I put them on this last weekend all went well. As a side note before the harness install when I would pull the front brake lever the headlights would momentarily dim. After the harness install no more dimming....... I guess I have been fairly lucky after 21k my spiders all looked brand new. I went ahead and put diaelctric grease on them in hopes of not having furture issues.

Anyway thanks for the quality harness.

J

Jay

Glad to hear all went well.

I don't know why the lights are better now, but I'm glad they are. Did you check the S7 & S8 spiders up in the front fairing ? They are were the headlight grounds used to go.

Thanks for the feed back.

Art

Edit:posted in the wrong thread. Sorry way too early to think this morning

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi RoadRunner:

I got spyder bit today. All the descriptions given by HaulinAsse to determine it you have the grounding spyder problem are present on my bike. I will be taking it into the shop tomorrow for hopefully Y.E.S.S. covered repair.

I would like to order all four of the grounding harnesses. If I understand the pricing correctly, it would be $55 including shipping to Idaho. I will be sending this amount thru paypal as soon as I complete this message.

Thank You for being there for us on this issue.

Don Griffith

Don

Sorry to hear about the possible spider bite, but happy to help if I can.

Hear is a post to a quick test you can do clicky to see if it's a spider.

I currently have 1 set of 4 harnesses (1 bike complete) ready to ship, but I already have enough material to make up 10 more sets of 4.

Edit; I just recieved your money, so that 1 set will be sent tomorrow.

I will be making more tomorrow.

Thanks

Art

FYI 3 sets of harnesses are left and ready to ship.
I can get more if needed.
Howdy,

I would like to get a complete set of your harnesses and head this off at the pass so to speak An ounce of prevention bla bla bla.

So are you still making them and would it still be $60 total. I would use PayPal if that is okay.

Thanks in advance for this, and your contributions to the forum.

Cheers

noire

Hi road Runner, please put me down for a complete set of harnesses for a 2009 FJR.

I will PM you separately with my contact details.

Thanks

Don

FYI 3 sets of harnesses are left and ready to ship.
I can get more if needed.
Howdy,

I would like to get a complete set of your harnesses and head this off at the pass so to speak An ounce of prevention bla bla bla.

So are you still making them and would it still be $60 total. I would use PayPal if that is okay.

Thanks in advance for this, and your contributions to the forum.

Cheers

noire
Yes it is $60.00 to Canada. You're on the list.

Hi road Runner, please put me down for a complete set of harnesses for a 2009 FJR.
I will PM you separately with my contact details.

Thanks

Don
PM sent.

Hey RR, got my harnesses while I was out of state. Just opened up the box today and looks good! I will try and get some time this weekend to do the install.

Thanks!

Installed mine a couple days ago...easy breezy once you get the plastic out of the way. Great workmanship. Thanks again!

Art - got my harnesses yesterday - Bro, you do great work - now to get these on and take care of some general maintenance - I owe you a beer, or two, in Vermont :drinks:

dbx shipped yesturday.

Donal shipped today.

Waiting on more connectors. Will be here any time now.