• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Grounding Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brodie,

It is encouraging to see pictures of you in a thread seemingly doing well after your accident.

I installed my harness today, and you mention to service the S5 spider, but you don't have a picture of its placement. Where the heck is S5 hiding? Do I have to remove any additional Tupperware to get to it, other than the pieces you mention?

Keep getting better!

Tom

Tom

Thanks for the kind words.

The S5 spyder is not a part of my grounding harness. It belongs to the bike's electronic "black boxes". If you do nothing with it, that's OK. However, I advise that if you have the fuel tank, T-bar and heat shield removed, go ahead and service it. This is done by removing the black cap and shorting bar (spyder), injecting it with dielectric grease, re insert the shorting bar, cap it up and lay it in a good spot out of harms way. Since you know where the S4 spyder is, look for the S5 towards the right side of the engine bay in approximately the same location. it will have black wires with white stripes going to it.

Good luck.

Brodie

Brodie,
It is encouraging to see pictures of you in a thread seemingly doing well after your accident.

I installed my harness today, and you mention to service the S5 spider, but you don't have a picture of its placement. Where the heck is S5 hiding? Do I have to remove any additional Tupperware to get to it, other than the pieces you mention?

Keep getting better!

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
<Brodie> Got my PM to purchase a harness, but all were sucked up (out of stock)... On another note, I hope that you're healing up well. :good:

.... Update....... --- More Harnesses going out this week.... 5 more completed and ready for mailing--- :D

Brodie, put me down for a grounding harness. Will wait for PM to direct me to your website for PayPal instructions. Thanks again for your help and hope you heal up soon. Painman. <><

Brodie, put me down for a grounding harness. Will wait for PM to direct me to your website for PayPal instructions. Thanks again for your help and hope you heal up soon. Painman. <><
Good call, Del. Cheap insurance...

********* Update **********

...... 8/14/2010

5 more harnesses are completed and being delivered for shipment gentlemen ...

B

Kudo's to ya Brian for stepping up to the plate to help Mr. Brodie. And yes Don this fix should put the bad hurt on the little electrical gremlins that have caused us some un-needed havoc. PM. <>< :good:

Thanks, Brian (and Brodie) for keeping the candle burning. I am waiting patiently at #79 whenever you get there.

Just finished installing. This is a top-notch product...I was really impressed with the quality of the workmanship.

While I saw no evidence of any overheating within the 8 grounding connections, I feel better knowing I don't really need to worry about it anymore. Now if my connectors would just arrive so I can finish building my ignition switch bypass...

Thanks Brodie!

Another satisfied customer.

Edit: Of COURSE the connector came in the mail from East Beaver today AFTER I had buttoned up the bike from the grounding harness install sooooooooooo....finished soldering the ignition switch relay harness and took the bike apart again to install that. All I can say is VICTORY! Relay works just as Brodie advertised. I felt comfortable constructing that but not the grounding harness. Now for a kick-ass ride tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.