Group ride radio communication equipment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems Mr. OrangevaleFJR is testing our amateur and military radio knowledge. If I am correct QSY stands for "Shift to transmit on ... " while QRK addresses intelligibility of the signal.

ACP's are Allied Communication Publications. I've never used the ACPs directly but suspect the procedures have trickled down to the radio and comm procedures the military uses world wide.

Adhering to communication procedures would certainly help with bike to bike comms but unfortunately the low cost and wide availablity of CB, GMRS/FRS radios to the public at large (who have no knowledge of or any care about push to talk comms) means it is just something we have to live with.

I was a radio operator in the USAF for 8.5 years. I memorized a few documents while I was in, and 3 of them included the Allied Communication Plans that I listed.

I've been out for eleven years, so don't ask me to regurgitate them now, plus with mission consolidation, two of the docs I memorized have been totally rewritten by Scott AFB. I know...I helped edit them a bit :)

We need a frequency manager. TC volunteered, I'll start researching pertinent information. If anyone can list the frequency ranges or preset frequencies that would be great (Highlander and others with FRS etc. radios).

We need a frequency manager. TC volunteered...
I hardly noticed. Does that come with a vest or hat or something?
Just this...... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: and :eek:k: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now where is that "Group Hug" smiley?

BTW, TC, take care of yourself working over New Years Eve. I'm glad you're there to do the job but I don't envy you this particular night's work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find OV! :clapping: I searched on line and couldn't find this. My manual does not list the freq's.
...and

manual:

https://www.autocomamerica.com/files/TK-310...tion_Manual.pdf

I also found a manual for the 3101 that I think is European. The Aoutcom link seems to the be the US version. You cannot change the frequencies on the US version, only the QT settings???

I got this radio, and the only channels that seem to be working are 1, 2 and 4. The others just have a continuous tone (beep) over the speaker.

Last edited by a moderator: