handle bar angle adjustment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becoyote

Reaction score
The link in the Bin of Facts is dead.

I did a search but couldn't find anything. Can someone give me the low down?

The stock triple tree gives you the option of one of three handlebar positions. The default is the middle. You can move them forward or backward a little over 1/4 inch. There is no angle adjustment. Only forward on backward a little.

-Stray

The stock triple tree gives you the option of one of three handlebar positions. The default is the middle. You can move them forward or backward a little over 1/4 inch. There is no angle adjustment. Only forward on backward a little.

-Stray

The BOF has 2 links, one as you described as above. The other is for changing the angle, but it is dead. Something about moving the pins.

Handle Bars:

Handle Bar POSITION Modification (there are three position) Clicky by Wicked Webby

Handle Bar ANGLE Modifications (removing the pins): Clicky by chornbe

I installed risers and needed an angle change as well. I removed the inboard pin on each, and was able to rotate the bars back about an inch, and after riding, felt 1/2 inch was enough. The pins are pressed in and will take a wee bit of effort to get them out.

I installed risers and needed an angle change as well. I removed the inboard pin on each, and was able to rotate the bars back about an inch, and after riding, felt 1/2 inch was enough. The pins are pressed in and will take a wee bit of effort to get them out.

No bar movement since you made the change?

I thought Taking out the pins was kind of dangerous?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to move them, dont take the bolts completely out and don"t pry them. Loosen both at the same time and lift and then place them in the pin holes you want and tighten. Make sure they are even. It is not hard it just looks that way.

Zero. I'm not so sure the pins are needed for anti-rotation, but are more for guiding you into the three preset positions fore and aft, then keeping you on the same angle on each side. There should be no way that the torque of two bolts in each bar holding them down will ever let the bars move except if you get into an accident. I have had one other bike with adjustable risers and no pins, and no issues there either.

Hi guys,

I tried do adjust the angle, wanted to move bars all the way forward (it is in the middle position now). But somehow I was not able to do that:

1. I was not able to get the pin into the first pin hole;

2 - even if I could , the lever would be hitting the windshield if wheel is turned all the way left/right.

What is it I am doing wrong? Is there a trick? Is that main bolt has to be repositioned (Looks like it has flexibility in mounting)?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I tried do adjust the angle, wanted to move bars all the way forward (it is in the middle position now). But somehow I was not able to do that:

1. I was not able to get the pin into the first pin hole;

2 - even if I could , the lever would be hitting the windshield if wheel is turned all the way left/right.

What is it I am doing wrong? Is there a trick? Is that main bolt has to be repositioned (Looks like it has flexibility in mounting)?

Thanks!

Do you have an aftermarket windshield?

I have used mine in all three positions with no clearance problems with the standard windshield.

I am pretty sure I had them full forward with the factory touring screen as well. No clearance issues there either.

Do you have an aftermarket windshield?

I have used mine in all three positions with no clearance problems with the standard windshield.

I am pretty sure I had them full forward with the factory touring screen as well. No clearance issues there either.
stealth1, thanks for the reply! No, standard windshield... But I found the answer here in another thread - yes, I need to move the main bolt in order to fit. :) Thanks!

Latest posts