Has anyine tried to reprogram the clutch on an AE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skifrik

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to reprogram the clutch engagement to eliminate the anti wheelie slipping function and the keep the rear wheel from locking up function when downshifting. That is the time lag between down shifts. I know how to set the engagement RPM but that's not what I'm looking for. Maybe a new chip in the computer or a way to flash it?

Iffn' yer using a lever....don't you have to have a pivot point also? Some kind of fulcrum kinda thingy? Or am I thinking of midevil science?

I think that the 09 AE is supposed to have new YCC-S software.

A dealer could probably tell you if it was possible to upgrade your model to the new software.

If its possible, you might want to test ride the 09 to see if you like the changes. Of course it would be hard to separate these changes from the other changes that also occured between your model year and the 09.

I'm never optimistic about making all these changes. I tend to keep stuff stock, and when I am tired of it, or it becomes aggravating in some way, I move on.

Has anyone figured out a way to reprogram the clutch engagement to eliminate the anti wheelie slipping function and the keep the rear wheel from locking up function when downshifting. That is the time lag between down shifts. I know how to set the engagement RPM but that's not what I'm looking for. Maybe a new chip in the computer or a way to flash it?
How much adjustment is there in the engagement rpm and how easy is it to do? Getting it up over 3k would have a dramatic effect on times for those 1/4 milers. If it were changable in the way Suzuki changes their map it would be a great feature. Would make a killer bracket bike.

Had a dealer last week tell me they'd been given directions on how to reprogram AE clutch engagement points....Plus or Minus 150 rpm at a time each way. Dunno about the anti lock thingie :rolleyes: