Have you bonked your head?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
I think.

As can be seen here, an Australian University is conducting research on victims of motorbike and bicycle accidents who struck their head and were wearing a helmet at the time.

Didn't see if respondents had to be Aussie residents, but that will be quickly determined once folks begin to contact them.

So, if you, or someone you know, fit(s) the criteria and wish(es) to help develop safer helmets for the future, step up!

All my dead brain cells are self inflicted. Chemicals and alcohol in the good old days from what I remember.

If you remember the 60s and 70s you weren't part of it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope not recently. I guess I'm out. :blink:

When I was a kid about 13ish I remember a nasty motorcycle accident on our street, the guy was drunker then drunk, no helmet, Honda 750-Four on top of him. Along with the ambulance, a group from USC came out, part of some sort of Motorcycle accident investigation team. They took a lot of information, measurements, etc. Then they split. When I was about 18 or 19 (1980ish), my father invited me over to his building at work (we worked at the same place), for a research movie about motorcycle helmet safety. I rode my street bike over, and what do you know but the guy that I remember at the accident seen from USC now worked at the same company as I did, and was sharing the results of their research. Cool!

At that point I absolutely became a believer in ALWAYS wearing a helmet. I pretty much always wore one on anyway, but this was so interesting and informative, it really made an impression on me.

Always look forward to new helmet and safety studies, interesting stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I qualify , smacked my head hard enough send me to ICU for a week .. thank god for a good helmet and the EMT's that were within a block

I think.
As can be seen here, an Australian University is conducting research on victims of motorbike and bicycle accidents who struck their head and were wearing a helmet at the time.

Didn't see if respondents had to be Aussie residents, but that will be quickly determined once folks begin to contact them.

So, if you, or someone you know, fit(s) the criteria and wish(es) to help develop safer helmets for the future, step up!
They're only doing the Aussies