HD unveils new engine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rode a shovelhead for the past 6 years before the fjr. totally different bike. suits most folks more than the fjr does but even after trying a v-rod, i went back to yamaha for the ride i like. met a lot of nice folks with the harley. had to, a shovelhead likes to take "rests" on long trips. but the guys with the pony tail and tatoos are just as quick to help " our kind " when you're on the side of the rode. It was a guy on a sportster that came up with a fuse for the old venture.

v-rod was quick in the top end but didn't have the low end i wanted. wasn't quite as nimble as the fjr either. am curious about the new harley motor. i did some serious mods to the shovel and never came close to the performance of the fjr. do wish we had all the farkles the harley riders have. course then i'ld be as broke as when i had the harley.

uh. sorry. i started talking about the new hd engine and got off topic.

Now here comes the ones I can't stand and will never Understand.
I have many friends that growing up bashed every bike but HD. They would never own anything else and it was prejudice as thick as any other prejudice. If you road a jap bike you were anti-american. It wasn't about anything about the bikes in particular but to them they were the BEST because they were AMERICAN, end of story nothing else to discuss in their mind.

When they see other bikes in their mind they don't understand how anyone wouldn't want a HD.

It is this simple minded mentality that gets me!!!

Uhhh....Sparky? What do you think this thread is full of?

Motorcycle Bigots. They come in all shapes and forms. There are several here in this thread. Fellow FJR owners included.

Folks. Some of you have some issues. Live, and let live. If you are truly well adjusted mentally, emotionally, and intellectually, then WHO THE FUCK CARES what somebody else rides, what they wear, whether they wave, what is important to them when it comes to motorcycling. Just ride your own damned ride, smile, enjoy, and be nice. Why the need to condemn, belittle, criticize others?

Frankly, I am getting really tired of this thread. Groo has got it. Beating a dead horse. Again. Moving this to NEPRT section, and getting real close to closing it.

Now, now don't get a bad hair day like what-is-name over at FJRowners and turn into a CF and start banning people! :p FYI: I've been banned from 4 of em already! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, now don't get a bad hair day like what-is-name over at FJRowners and turn into a CF and start banning people! :p FYI: I've been banned from 4 of em already! :D
Probably not banning... but you could get the frolicking slug of shame... Oh please Skoooter... pleasepleaseplease.... do it for Scab!

Live, and let live. If you are truly well adjusted mentally, emotionally, and intellectually, then WHO THE FUCK CARES what somebody else rides, what they wear, whether they wave, what is important to them when it comes to motorcycling. Just ride your own damned ride, smile, enjoy, and be nice.

+1

Mark

Harley Davidson: The ability to sell bikes with yesterday's technology and tomorrow's price, today.
Technology, what a wonderful thing! Remember when the old fuel pump went south in the automobile in them old days. A quick run down to the auto parts store, pick one up cheap, loosen two bolts and one fuel line from the engine block, install the new one in reverse order in about 15 minutes and your done.

Nowadays it's located in the fuel tank and can be a $700 job. Yup, technology sure is a wonderful thing. :yahoo:

If H-D thought they could sell a fuel pump for $700 bucks they'd chrome one in a hot minute. Gravity has been around for a long time so it's not all that surprisng H-D has stuck by it for their fuel delivery system. Helps keep the bikes fairly priced too. :p

Huh? I think all the H-D 07's will use FI. Too bad Yamaha is still hanging on to those "old school" Carbs for 07 wit the Road Star & Royal Star? What's up wit dat! :(

Harley Davidson: The ability to sell bikes with yesterday's technology and tomorrow's price, today.
Technology, what a wonderful thing! Remember when the old fuel pump went south in the automobile in them old days. A quick run down to the auto parts store, pick one up cheap, loosen two bolts and one fuel line from the engine block, install the new one in reverse order in about 15 minutes and your done.

Nowadays it's located in the fuel tank and can be a $700 job. Yup, technology sure is a wonderful thing. :yahoo:

Huh? I think all the H-D 07's will use FI. Too bad Yamaha is still hanging on to those "old school" Carbs for 07 wit the Road Star & Royal Star? What's up wit dat! :(

Come on, at least be consistant! HD's are best because they use 70 year old technology then Yamaha's suck because they aren't fuel injected like the HD's are. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Remember; vapor lock, carb icing, stuck choke, leaking bowls, leaky accel pumps, sticky secondaries, improperly adjusted idle mixture, choke pull off, choke thermostat, secondary engagement, throttle valve cable, float height, lean primary jets, lean secondary jets, sticky primary jet rods, fuel pump internal diaphrgm leaks that would fill a crankcase with fuel, leaky diaphragms that would only pump enough fuel to go up hills in reverse, bad pump cams, broken castings, poor mileage, poor cold starting, poor high speed mixture control, primary to secondary spillover, lean pops, stuck floats, leaky float needle valves? I do, and I just can't get all that damn nostalgic for the damn things, even though I can still blueprint a Qjet or 4450 Holley blindfolded. Try again. ;)

Never had any of those problems.

Come on, at least be consistant! HD's are best because they use 70 year old technology then Yamaha's suck because they aren't fuel injected like the HD's are.
Dude, you still in the Pan Head days? :dribble: All I hear over at the R* or Royal * forums are; when the fook is Yamaha gonna put FI on them! Talk about living in the past, get wit it Yammie-hog. :blink:

Hey you better wave to me! Otherwise its embarrassing, I feel like the cars behind me are laughing. As for HD...well they're just everywhere...and everyone wants one...its amazing really. I met the nicest dude in Tenessee last weekend...he loved his HD...he let me take it for a spin. I liked my old V-Star better but its an HD so I spose thats good. The rider was a good fellow...so you can't lump'em all together.

I just wanna ride in less than 100 degree weather damnit!! Tomorrow I wanted to ride to make my sales calls for this "ride to work" day...but 95 and thunderstorms might make it tough.

Hey you better wave to me! Otherwise its embarrassing, I feel like the cars behind me are laughing. As for HD...well they're just everywhere...and everyone wants one...its amazing really. I met the nicest dude in Tenessee last weekend...he loved his HD...he let me take it for a spin. I liked my old V-Star better but its an HD so I spose thats good. The rider was a good fellow...so you can't lump'em all together.
I just wanna ride in less than 100 degree weather damnit!! Tomorrow I wanted to ride to make my sales calls for this "ride to work" day...but 95 and thunderstorms might make it tough.
Thanks for the reminder.

That avatar needs sound! "don't fear the reaper Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain We can be like they are ..."

McDonalds.jpg

Quit feeding the freak.

Joe2Lmaker, so you da guy I see on Sliver Lake Road that never waves to me, huh! :lol:

Thanks for the reminder.
That avatar needs sound! "don't fear the reaper Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain We can be like they are ..."