Heated Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
I currently have a set of Gerbings heated Gloves, they work fine, but they are HUGE, like snowmobile gloves, and they make my hands 'tired' using them.

A lot like their T-5 Hybrid gloves in size.

I'm looking at their G3 goves, but they almost look too 'thick' too and I'm considering just liners that I can wear under my thinner/lighter rain gloves. But then maybe that will be just as thick in the end.

I use these 3/4 times a year at most, so it's not the end of the world but I'm looking for more comfort during those times.

Thoughts?

I have been thinking about heated gloves myself but, they do always seem really bulky. I will be interested to see what people mention, also wonder if you can get gloves that use a standard 12v "lighter" socket like the one in the glove box on our bikes.

I have been thinking about heated gloves myself but, they do always seem really bulky. I will be interested to see what people mention, also wonder if you can get gloves that use a standard 12v "lighter" socket like the one in the glove box on our bikes.
Well I can already tell you that outlet isn't good for this. It's a convenience outlet for phones and what not. You'll pop the fuse pretty quickly with heated gloves.

Well I can already tell you that outlet isn't good for this. It's a convenience outlet for phones and what not. You'll pop the fuse pretty quickly with heated gloves.
I had heard that but, what about one that I connect to my battery tender cable? That would have enough power/amperage.

I had heard that but, what about one that I connect to my battery tender cable? That would have enough power/amperage.
Battery tender pigtail is fine for the application.

Earlier this year I purchased the Powerlet Rapid Fire Heated Gloveds. Great Product and I never turned it past 3. The 4 or 5 setting would roast your hands. I recently disconnected it from the battery, and looking to sale. Only reason I'm selling is that I may install the heated grips this fall. If anyone is interested PM me.

Again, like new condition, no parts missing, Size is XL. I'm 6'2 and they fit perfect.

https://www.powerlet.com/product/rapidfire-heated-glove-liner-kit/542

+1 on the Warm N Safes. I use them under both track gauntlets and Held rain gloves. The pigtail to the battery tender hookup works great. BUT, if you hook up electrics other than gloves, you’ll need to install a heavier fuse.

I too did not like the older, big, thick Gerbing gloves for the same reasons as the OP. I switched to the G3s and found them to be much more comfortable. With the older gloves everything on the bars including my grip felt awkward. with the new G3s things are much closer to normal.