Hello from Arizona

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from metro Seattle! That's the definition of "low miles" on that '06, not even broken in yet. Change / flush all the fluids and enjoy the bike.

~G

Congratulations and welcome from eastern PA!
This is a great place to learn about your new-to-you ride and connect with likeminded people. If you are inclined to turn wrenches, the forum is an excellent resource for tackling routine maintenance procedures and addressing any recall issues that may not have been completed on your specific bike.
I’m relatively new here as well and don’t know what exactly you should be looking for on an ‘06 but I would recommend a little research here just to give you some added peace of mind …not that a Yamaha would have ANY problems. 😛
I own an ‘07 and a ‘14

Welcome! 1,200 miles on a 17 year old moto? That's just crazy! I thought I was *special* when I acquired an '04 FJR with only 2,900 miles a year ago. Be sure to inspect the inside of the tank for rust.

I am in near northeast Phoenix. Old Paradise Valley Mall area. I have several FJRs from all the different generations. If you need any help or advice, hit me up.

1800? Insane! No rust in the tank? Does the ABS function still work? Where the hell did you get it?

Gotta love Tortilla Flat!

No rust ABS does not work. Found it on craigslist Phoenix.
I bought this thing to ride while I rebuild the motor on my Harley but I fucking love this bike. Very different from the Harley I've been riding for ever. FJR good fun 😄😄👍

I bought this thing to ride while I rebuild the motor on my Harley but I fucking love this bike. Very different from the Harley I've been riding for ever. FJR good fun 😄😄👍

Congrats on the bike! Check that the cam chain tensioner has a blue or a green dot on it. The earlier versions are weak and if it fails can be catastrophic to the engine.

I just zoomed in on the photo of your '04 FJR and saw the rare handlebar conversion. I remember seeing that bike on Craigslist now. I didn't remember it being only 1,800 miles.

Yes, the FJR is addictive. Which is why I have over 600,000 miles on the 17 FJRs I have owned over the years. I sold my Harley many, many years ago. Besides the low mile '04 FJR I got a year ago, I have another '04 FJR - the second FJR I ever bought back in 2006 that has 212k miles on it. It's been in pieces for two years now waiting form some major maintenance love. I have too many bikes and too many projects.

I just zoomed in on the photo of your '04 FJR and saw the rare handlebar conversion. I remember seeing that bike on Craigslist now. I didn't remember it being only 1,800 miles.

Yes, the FJR is addictive. Which is why I have over 600,000 miles on the 17 FJRs I have owned over the years. I sold my Harley many, many years ago. Besides the low mile '04 FJR I got a year ago, I have another '04 FJR - the second FJR I ever bought back in 2006 that has 212k miles on it. It's been in pieces for two years now waiting form some major maintenance love. I have too many bikes and too many projects.
Oh gosh My fat finger. It's got 18000 miles.
Runs good though