Helmet Hook

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty handy. The FJR has quite a bit of girth and I wonder if the helmet would hang freely or rub on the plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had a quarter for every time my damn helmet rolled off the seat or somewhere and bounced on the asphalt . . . I could buy one of these things.

Might anyway.

Just strap the helmet to the rear grab-handle.

(Click on image for larger view)

Helmet sits the right way up (no rain or bird droppings ingress), and can't fall.

If there are two helmets, strap one to each side grab-handle. Helmets sit on saddle and side-cases. I suppose that's what you'd have to do if you've got a top-box.

If there are ungodly around and I want to leave the helmet on the bike, I add a locking hawser through the chin bar and grab-handle.

Since none of my Nolan's has ever fit in a sidecase or even in the Givi, I carry a coated cable and a lock for running through the grab bars of my SR357. I like the hook though.

Just strap the helmet to the rear grab-handle.(Click on image for larger view)

Helmet sits the right way up (no rain ingress), and can't fall.

If there are two helmets, strap one to each side grab-handle. Helmets sit on saddle and side-cases. I suppose that's what you'd have to do if you've got a top-box.

If there are ungodly around and I want to leave the helmet on the bike, I add a locking hawser through the chin bar and grab-handle.
I get the free gunlocks to lock my helmets to the grab bar.

I sit the helmet on my tank bag and throw my jacket over both. Covers the GPS and V1 as well. On the rare occasion that I am concerned about Godless Trailer Park Trash I put the electronics in a case and take the helmet with me. As the man whofell off a skyscraper said as he passed the 25th floor, "So far, so good".

Thanks for the tip. I've used the extended clutch lever pivot bolts on my old bikes for temporary helmet storage for years and always found them quite handy. If I feel I need to lock my helmet, I have Helmet Guardians installed on the backs of all my bikes.

Seems to me the basic concept is just for a quick stop to hang there if you need to do something with the helmet off. If you're leaving it behind, wouldn't you want it locked up elsewhere?? I wouldn't be leaving a $400 helmet dangling from a hook, if I'm going somewhere.

QUOTING Tuggy: Scott's (TownsendsFJR1300) helmet locks in the group buy section work for me.
Agreed, I have one on each side. The helmets are cradled by front/rear foot pegs, and faceshield facing up. The only way to get my helmet is to cut the straps. I give them 👍👍

That's funny, mirrors don't cost you anything.
Just a thought,

Dave
Only thing is the mirrors usually are covered with bug guts during the ride. Not too fond of sharing the inside of my helmet with the bug guts.

I do have a Townsend's helmet lock/bracket on my bike but for short stops where you don't want to lock the helmet on the bike I thought that helmet hook would work, but as Tiger_993 mentions with it on the bar end, my helmet wouldn't hang free (w/o contacting the fairing).

I made a coated SS wire thingy that has dual loops so I can pop off the rear seat run the wire through my chin bar, and if I want my riding jacket, and then lock it to the seat using the seat lock post. Cost me about $3 in wire from Home Depot and fits in the glovebox.

Worney

I made a coated SS wire thingy that has dual loops so I can pop off the rear seat run the wire through my chin bar, and if I want my riding jacket, and then lock it to the seat using the seat lock post. Cost me about $3 in wire from Home Depot and fits in the glovebox.
Worney
+ us. We carry 2 short ones and one longer one on every ride. The longer one we use for jackets plus helmets.

Turn of a key and your done. No scratching to the helmet either. And it'll still be there..
smile.png