Here Is A Picture Of The New Wing.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spine60

Reaction score
What do you think? :p

top.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Sh...Are you joking? Computer graphics at work? If not, here we go...federally mandated seatbelts & outriggers next!

I'm curious how the sensors that fire off the airbag will work. I'm sure Honda has come up with something clever, but.... if this pig ever fires off when it's not supposed to, the rider is gonna be in a world of hurt.

Hmmmmm.... kinda looks like a big giant ass, doesn't it.... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an invention whose time has come, since it's about the only vehicle on the road without one. And Honda was running out of things to add to the Wing.

What scares me is that the PR blurb says the system senses (predicts?) impending collisions and deploys the airbag. Calling all ambulance chasers...

Big Ass? I was thinking about somthing else. Maybe we could get some X-rated graphics and ride it all day long :D :D :D

Buy two and you have a very expensive accord.

I'd think that in case of an accident the EMTs would be laughing their asses off.

I saw a Discovery program several years ago that talked about BMW doing airbags mounted off the center of the handlebars with a sensor for front contact.

I think that Honda just wanted to add something else to the "Two-wheeled Accord". I'm waiting for power adjust seats!

I'm curious how the sensors that fire off the airbag will work. I'm sure Honda has come up with something clever, but.... if this pig ever fires off when it's not supposed to, the rider is gonna be in a world of hurt.
Looks like my big arse! :huh:

Anyone else notice the fixation with Dale and arses? ;)

Call me crazy but aren't there all kinds of warnings in your car about the air bag being active without a person wearing a seatbelt?? No seat belt on a bike, I think this will be a liability FoPa, lets wait and see?? Greg

I find it repugnant......yet......strangely alluring.....are those straps velcro by any chance ? And just how high can the pegs be adjusted ? I'm asking for a friend of course. Would this classify as a fetish that...you know...a parole officer might object to ?

Bobby

Further crash-test pictures are...er..somewhat evocative.

reuters67507280809151446_big.jpg

Imagine the older gentleman riding his Wing into the garage, clumsily hitting the far wall and being caught by the Missus as he's trying to wrestle the airbag off his face. Not a pretty picture... :D

Stef

I beleive the idea is to slow down the bodies velocity when leaving the motorcycle in the event of a crash.Being a wing owner i have already be abused by the relentless pursuit of joke barbs.O well what can you do,size does matter.If it saves one life of greatly reduces the severity of injury,i can put up with the crap.besides as my dad always said "if they are talking about you at least they are leaving someone else alone". :D