Here's something I bet you didn't know...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Did you know that if you roll fast enough in neutral, going backwards that the speedo will indicate + mph?

My personal record is 13 mph, backwards. Top that you Testtosterone endowed dudes and dudettes.. :D

My car also shows +MPH when I reverse. The odo also counts normal (positive) as well. Welcome to digital technology.

My personal record is 13 mph, backwards. Top that you Testtosterone endowed dudes and dudettes.. :D

Now wait a minute... Is that actual, GPS verified? or is your spedo still uncorrected?

I gotta know before I try an top that.

:derisive:

I have noticed the same thing, as I have to back down the hill over the length of my driveway to park in the garage. Don't think I'll try to break that 13MPH record though.

Someone better alert Gary McCoy to stock up if you guys are going to be racing in reverse! I see the potential for a lot of boogered up body parts.... :D

I did come close to an oops last week when racing a thunderstorm home from work (it was close). I have to do a tight 180 at the top, which is also sloping down towards the garage. Normally, I'm pretty calm and it's no problem, but that evening I was a bit wired with the cracks of thunder coming and was feeling a "bit rushed". My heartrate went up about another 20BPM, but I kept it up.

We could even have the Expert class..

you have to ride backwards... with feet on pegs! :good:

Hell, come on over , my driveway's over 500 feet long, I'll bet you can do over 30mph!! ( 'course I've a few turns in that 500 feet, you'll get tech points for making it through those! ) B)

Hell, come on over , my driveway's over 500 feet long, I'll bet you can do over 30mph!! ( 'course I've a few turns in that 500 feet, you'll get tech points for making it through those! ) B)
I'd pay money to see that. :lol:

'Taint nutting to it boys... Here's a pix from my earlier dayz.. :p

BackWards1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: