High Mileage Bike Trade/Sell?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought an 06 E with 132K a year ago. It had the typical upgrades, Corbin seat, PIAA fork mounted lights, GIVI rear bag, MCL fork mounted risers. I figured things that would have gone wrong already have. I've put 7K trouble free miles o it in the year I've had it. Thinking about actually washing it to celebrate first anniversary.

Another story. My '05 has about 95K on it now, but new suspension, engine rebuilt a couple years back, runs good. I'm racing it to the finish line. Mine or it's. We'll see who cracks first.

Another story. My '05 has about 95K on it now, but new suspension, engine rebuilt a couple years back, runs good. I'm racing it to the finish line. Mine or it's. We'll see who cracks first.
I'm right there with ya, SacMike...

I'm about 1700 miles short of 100K and was just thinking, riding in to work this a.m., that "this thing is so strong and smooth it should be good for another 100k and/or 10 years, whichever comes first."

It's probably gonna outlast me.

Comming up on 76K happy miles and lots of smiles. I plan on keeping it even if I get a new bike. May make an LD bike out it if it all works out. My two boys don't seem to have an interest in MC's at this time. Then again I haven't asked my daughter. Now that's an Idea!!! We will see when the time comes. I doubt the wife would be interested. She has no desire to ride her own bike.

I wonder if bustanut joker would be interested when the time comes. Don't know if he might be interested again in riding an FJR. Just a thought anyway. The other option is to wait for some poor bastard to blow up there engine and donate it towards the cause. That might mean having it sit around for a bit. That happens ocasionally around here. Lots of things you can do I guess.

Dave

I bought a 06 AE a year ago with 132K miles for $5.5K in California. The only expenses have been maintenance, tune-up and complete fluid changes. Put tires on last week the day I turned up 140K miles. I'd have no qualms about getting on the bike for a cross country trip.

Last edited by a moderator: