Hit a deer with my '03 pride and joy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill -

So sorry to hear about your collision. It sounds like your attitude is great and I hope that you heal quickly.

As for the bike, it's just metal and plastic although the number of '03's and '04's around here is already far too low so it's hard to lose another one.

It's good you were wearing the helmet, gloves and jacket but riding in Levis is something you might wish to reconsider. Oh, yeah, ABS is a good idea, too. The race is not always to the swift, nor victory to the strong.....but that is the way to bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about the loss of the 03. It is the quickest FJR of them all. I love my 03 but I also own an 08 and the heat management, better shocks, ABS, and adjustable handlebars more than compensate for the loss in acceleration. I'm glad your injuries were relatively minor and was happy to hear that you follow the protective gear mantra. I hope the '10 meets all your dreams. I'd be thrilled if they offered optional cruise control. Get well soon.

Heal quickly..........good to hear that you're gettin back in the saddle!!

+1 on the ABS ...............................you'll be spoiled before you know it.

Greetings from the east coast Bill. Very sorry to hear about your excursion & injuries but glad to hear you will be ok! Forest rats are a big concern out here also (and what keeps me alert riding in the woods).

Be well & good luck with the new ride!