Hitting the Apex (the Movie) MotoGP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie has been pulled from youtube. I love Faster and Fastest. From what I understand Hitting the Apex will not be available for sale in the U.S, otherwise I'd buy the DVD in an instant!

The movie has been pulled from youtube. I love Faster and Fastest. From what I understand Hitting the Apex will not be available for sale in the U.S, otherwise I'd buy the DVD in an instant!
It's a Trailer of the Movie. You can rent the full Movie now on BlueRay (and prob DVD). I watched the 2+ hrs of it last night. Fun-nominal!

For that trailer, try this linky:

Last edited by a moderator:
It was an awesome movie. It was very interesting how they showed rider riding style changes over the last 10 yrs and how much traction control has allowed for a more aggressive ride.

It was an awesome movie. It was very interesting how they showed rider riding style changes over the last 10 yrs and how much traction control has allowed for a more aggressive ride.
And near the end, how the traction control line got cut in a "scrub", and the results thereof! dang! What a flick huh!?

Where can you rent it and how did you get around the region code issue? I see Amazon has both the DVD and Bluray for sale as an import from Europe and Japan but they won't plan on a player with american region code.

It's a Trailer of the Movie. You can rent the full Movie now on BlueRay (and prob DVD). I watched the 2+ hrs of it last night. Fun-nominal!
Where can you 'rent' it?
Our local family video rental outlet just got it in. One of the girls who works there, who's friends w my niece called me up and told me it just came in and that I may be interested in it. I guess Alyssa had shown her pics of me at the Dragon and she thought of me. Hmmmm. Anyways, I whipped right down and snagged the Blueray copy, I only did a 24hr rental. It was Awesome on my 75" oied. Definitely put me in my place as a little ole pee-on when it comes to handling a m/c at high speed turns, or should I just say turns. Bad asses for sure!

Anyways, it's brand new and just released, so your local rental store may have it or it should be very soon. Apparently Tim up in Ontario had it also. His job is in TV/video, so maybe he's got connections, lol

Where can you rent it and how did you get around the region code issue? I see Amazon has both the DVD and Bluray for sale as an import from Europe and Japan but they won't plan on a player with american region code.
Maybe I got it before I was supposed to?, didn't think it was so hard to obtain... if they have it here in NY.

Just get a region free dvd player. My last 2 WSBK season dvd's are euro but work fine on my all region player.

Well, I have a copy of it on my computer and watched it....but about 1/3 of the movie was in a foreign language with no sub-titles. Did the version you saw have subtitles for the foreign language? I have put off buying the euro version because I wanted to make sure it had the subtitles first.

Maybe I got it before I was supposed to?, didn't think it was so hard to obtain... if they have it here in NY.

That looks cool. Brad Pitt is a douche, but whatever. So KJ, was your copy subtitled, or in English, or it didn't matter??

I'll eye Hastings for it.

So the 1/3 of the movie that is people speaking in their native language (Italian, Spanish, Japanese, etc) is dubbed into English?

No subtitles, in English.
Make sure you are watching the North American NTSC format.

Of course there were some translation & subtitles (had to of been!), especially when the like's of Marco's father at the tragic Malaysa Gran-Prix interview (he doesn't speak any English). But 1/3 the movie? no way!, at least it didn't seem like anything close to this, and watching this on a 75" OLED?, the small amount of it surely gets overshadowed, and quite easily.

So, both Rossi's spoke dialog and were interviewed, plus podium speeches all in English (albeit some of it broken).... as were Lorenzo, Pedrosa and of course Casey Stoner. Marco Simoncelli was in English (most of the time), but!, all Italian for his Dad as mentioned^.

Last edited by a moderator:
So...Subtitles, in English, AND it didn't matter. Lol...Good enough!
Correctomungo!

da' movie is so good, the small amount of either translation or subT's doesn't phase you one bit while watching it. Realizing, that most of these guys are native Italian or Span-neesh to begin with... so, you naturally expect a little bit of this, it's not 1/3 the movie however.