Holeshot system: Gen 1 and Gen 2 the same?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kolonial72

Reaction score
Okay, I give up. Searched on google, searched on forum, even visited a wise guy in the Himalayas. All I want to know is, the Holeshot system for the FJR, is it the same for a Gen 1 and a Gen 2?

I sent a question to Dale Walker, but since he's the only one who answers his e-mails, I'm not sure when he will get back to me. The reason that it's significant is that I have a deal pending with a forum member, and I'd like this one bit of assurance that the system from his Gen 2 will fit on my Gen 1.

The Holeshot website only lists one part number for the 4-2 system, so it looks good so far. Does anyone have additional info that might help?

By the way, if I find out rom Dale before anyone else lets me know, I will post it in this thread.

Yep, it's the same header for both gens. I believe there is a bolt head that needs slight modification on the gen 2 for a perfect fit.

Try Google search holeshot header fit gen 2 site:fjrforum.com lots of info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, it's the same header for both gens. I believe there is a bolt head that needs slight modification on the gen 2 for a perfect fit.Try Google search holeshot header fit gen 2 site:fjrforum.com lots of info.
Thanks! My search queries may have been too specific.

Dale actually took the time to e-mail me back today. Here's his response:

"Hi Dan

My FJR Header system will fit all year models

Be back on Monday

Cheers Dale"