Holy Mattress Batman!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Austin too. Let's go ride FJRs!
check out the regional rides- Texas forum.....

So, what I'm getting form the rest of you is that I need to buy a dirt-bike. A big powerful dirt-bike so that my learnings will translate to the FJR easily :) Ya think the wife will go for that?

The only part I have a problem with is the going down three gears and hard on the throttle over such an object. On the throttle yes too much can be as much of a problem as none. At night I found they put a 90 degree ditch in the road without markings that was seven or eight inches deep. luckily it was wide enough for the whole XJ 750 to fall in. I stood on the pegs & throttled whump the bike climed out. When the front wheel hit the windjammer windshield, broke off and landed on my arms. Both tires went flat immediately but I stayed up. Front mag was trashed. So when you got to go over something ride like you can make it. TJ :assasin:

A sparrow commited suicide on my windscreen today. Next a damn turkey buzzard was gaining altitude on my runway. My helmet missed that big ol' bastard by about 2 feet, close enough to smell the rotting deer carcass that he was bathing in. Sick. :bad:

It's amazing what kind of thread these things can turn into.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 weeks ago we were out riding with 2 friends, me & the wife on my FJR and 2 other bikes. We were on a 2 lane road and I was leading and I saw a p/u 2 spots in front of us with lawn chairs in the back, can you see where this is going? After I saw the p/u I checked the mirrors to see where everyone was at just in case I needed an escape route. When I look forward again the van in front of me is swerving to the right onto the shoulder, why you ask? Well there was this lawn chair frame, lounge chair really, right in front of me! :blink: No time to dodge out of the way, oncoming traffic, so I JUMP on the brakes and come to a stop with this @$#$%!! chair frame a few feet in front of us. Luckily the traffic behind us was paying attention so they stopped without incedent or running us over.

My wife jumps off the bike and drags it to the side of the road, while she's doing this the p/u is backing up on the right shoulder to retrieve his cargo. The guy in the van takes the lounge chair frame from my wife and puts it in the back of the van, I guess they were together. Now how hard would it have bee to put that crap in the van in the first place? The stupidity of people just surprises me to no end.

The only reason why I was looking for an escape route is because of what I read here on another thread, so you could say this site saved me, the wife, and my Feej from getting dented and some dumb ass from getting his head stomped in. :ph34r:

Grnarrowe

I thought you were going to say that the guy in the van grabbed the chair and proceeded to bust it over the P/U drivers stupid head!