Home Safe from GA Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wellsj

Reaction score
Hey all that attended this weekend up at T.W.O. for the Rally, It was so nice to meet some of the forum members this weekend and I had a great time! I look forward to doing some more riding with everyone maybe someday I will be able to keep up. Oh and don't tell anyone else about that swaying issue I seem to have at the end of the night or Ed's ............ with passing on double yellow lines.

Oh yea it would have been nice to see a little more of JWilly and NGRider, maybe next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Special thanks to gasportrider for hosting a great weekend!

Thanks Mike!

Michele and I had a really great time. It was great seeing old friends and making new ones. :yahoo:

Props to Christine for hanging with the big dogs. I could see your riding skill improve as your confidence grew. Great job! :clapping:

Looking forward to the next one. :yahoo:

Oh and don't tell anyone else about that swaying issue I seem to have at the end of the night or Ed's ............ with passing on double yellow lines.
Michele said she won't tell if you won't. As EODSarge says, "what happen in Suches stays in Suches". :glare:

Special thanks to gasportrider for hosting a great weekend!Thanks Mike!
Calimus and I made it back safely as well, and ditto to thanking gasportrider for the hosting and planning-it was an amazing weekend and I could not think of any better way we could have spent it.

I actually want to thank everyone who came out there for making me feel so welcome and part of your group. I really cannot wait until the next time :yahoo:

Mr. and Mrs. Twisty: special thanks also go to the two of you for your hospitality as well as getting us safely to and from TWO. We owe yas one :D

Great week end. Once again gasportrider made us discover some great roads up there in "Jawja". Thanks Mike !

Too bad I had to cut it short sunday but my rear tire is glad I did...(cord showing when I got home).

Pascal

Yep, had a blast.

Mr. & Mrs. Twisty, many thanks.

gasportrider - Can't thank you enough for all the work that went into this as well as leading the ride. Thank you Mike.

To everyone else, thanks for making this a great weekend. Cristine and I both learned quite a bit by talking and watching you all. This was one of the best weekend we've had on the bikes to date. Can't wait to do it again.

Oh yea it would have been nice to see a little more of JWilly and NGARider, maybe next time.
Sorry man! With a bad back sleeping in a tent wasn't in the cards. Let's jus say we did a little too much partying on Saturday Night/Sunday AM and didn't get rolling too early on Sunday. Pretty much road home and that was it.

JW

Oh yea it would have been nice to see a little more of JWilly and NGARider, maybe next time.
Sorry man! With a bad back sleeping in a tent wasn't in the cards. Let's jus say we did a little too much partying on Saturday Night/Sunday AM and didn't get rolling too early on Sunday. Pretty much road home and that was it.

JW
old man.

lol. j/k dont hurt me.

Seriously, you were missed. I keep hearing stories about your riding, guess I'll have to wait and see.

And anyone who took pictures, please post them up. I was a bonehead and forgot my battery for the camera!! DOH! :blink: Calimus wont let me live that one down.

Yeah, we were graciously offered beds for Saturday night and took advantage of it. We came up 60 to TWO in the dark which was actually a helluva lot of fun. When we left you guys Saturday night, we ran 180 in the dark, and in a light rain. Now that was a real hoot.

Logged just over 1000 miles on the weekend, about 200 of which was 2-up for Jason and I, and it was just an absolute blast. Nice to meet you folks that I didn't already know, and GREAT to see good friends again. Looking forward to the next one!

I keep hearing stories about your riding, guess I'll have to wait and see.
Oh I'm sure you have heard stories about my riding! It's about like a comedy routine on "How not to operate a motorcycle"!

Tstaff: I don't want to hear any $hit out of you!! :p

JW

Home safe in Ohio.

I had a great weekend, you sure have some great roads to play on. :)

Great fun & Great friends.

Thanks

Tom

JW
That's Ok, I don't blame you for taking up the offer on a bed. I would have done the same, but I knew I would have too many of the after ride drinks to go anywhere, so crashing in a tent was my best option.

(edit) EODSarge there is a cold Guiness at my house for you anytime, after all it's yours, you left it at the campsite and I had room and brought it home

And anyone who took pictures, please post them up. I was a bonehead and forgot my battery for the camera!! DOH! :blink: Calimus wont let me live that one down.

EODSarge already posted his pix in Images & Vids. Check'em out.

VP

Sorry, poor forum technique!?!

EODSarge's pix are posted as of yesterday in >Images and Videos.

I'll do better in the future....promise.

Sorry, poor forum technique!?!

EODSarge's pix are posted as of yesterday in >Images and Videos.

I'll do better in the future....promise.
Ahhh thanks, I am just getting ued to the breakdown to the forum, I'd have never found those, hehehe.

Glad to hear everyone who checked in made it back safely.

I had an excellent time and I'll go riding with you guys anytime. Conversely, anyone unfortunate enough to get stuck behind me who has tips on improving my riding, feel free to speak up. :D Gasport (I never read your name that way until this weekend, heh), GREAT roads!! And some damn good barbecue. Wells: DOH! I knew I'd leave those things.

Oh, and here's the ticket I promised: :evil:

suchestix.jpg

I had an excellent time and I'll go riding with you guys anytime. Conversely, anyone unfortunate enough to get stuck behind me who has tips on improving my riding, feel free to speak up. :D Gasport (I never read your name that way until this weekend, heh), GREAT roads!! And some damn good barbecue. Wells: DOH! I knew I'd leave those things.
Oh, and here's the ticket I promised: :evil:

suchestix.jpg
Awwww shit!!! I thought we got away with it. I knew we shouldn't have taken him. Just kidding. Really enjoyed meeting you and riding with ya.

I was behind you for a while, and from where I was sitting, it looked like you were doing pretty well. By the way, did you write youself a ticket too? You weren't exactly innocent either. ;)

How much do we owe you? How 'bout if Michele flashes her iPods? LOL :p

Again, loved the pics. Good job.

Whoah, I can't compete with Ed's pictures in Images and Videos, either. But I do have a couple of MrTwisty and MrsTwisty coming in on their FJRWinnebago.

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

I had a great time and hope we can make it an annual event. October is a fantastic time to ride in the N GA mountains and its nearby states.

BTW, ED, thanks for ticketing those guys behind me. They were tailgating!

What a great Saturday! BIG thanks to Mike for getting this set up. Really enjoyed meeting some new friends. Maybe I’ll have to look into obtaining some camping gear for next time (if the better half will allow some additional non-home time). Hope Sunday was as enjoyable as Saturday for you guy (and gals). I’ll be thinking about the ride all week while I’m stuck back in Memphis.

Again, enjoyed it and stay safe.

BullCBX