Hong Kong levers on E-bay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midlifeuturn

Reaction score
Just to pass this on as a word of caution. I purchased a set of the import levers on E-bay over a month ago. The e-bay member was mototo0319 and had an e-mail address of [email protected]. He strung me out for over a month and I never received the levers, he also told me numerous times he would refund my money. He is no longer a valid e-bay member under that name. Looks like I got took! I'm sure this guy will pop up selling these again under another e-bay profile, if he's not already. Lesson learned I guess, first time I've gotten taken on E-bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost hit the 'buy it now' button...but then noticed the location. If it ain't in the USofA, I don't buy it on Ebay.

Just to pass this on as a word of caution. I purchased a set of the import levers on E-bay over a month ago. The e-bay member was mototo0319 and had an e-mail address of [email protected]. He strung me out for over a month and I never received the levers, he also told me numerous times he would refund my money. He is no longer a valid e-bay member under that name. Looks like I got took! I'm sure this guy will pop up selling these again under another e-bay profile, if he's not already. Lesson learned I guess, first time I've gotten taken on E-bay.
I've got "taken" as you so nicely put it several times over the last few years on ebay. Mostly out of Hongkong by sellers that listed they were in the USA, but I also ran across a couple of different sellers from Mainland China that had actually high-jacked other ebay members IDs :ph34r: (one from the USA, one from Australia), and then they were acting all upset that I had Paypal cancel the transaction and informed ebay about them. The only time I didn't get my money back was from a faulty Li/ion battery from Hongkong (on that one I knew it came from there before I bought it) that I sent back. The seller kept telling me that the replacement was in the mail until the ebay/paypal complaint window was over, then all communication stopped. At least that was only for $40 or so. :dribble:

Long story short, I'm not buying anywhere as much via fleabay as I used to, and I am VERY much doing my homework on the sellers location and recent history before I hit the buy it now button. I also will not buy from anywhere but the US or Canada anymore...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, fell for it this time but no more out of country purchases. The seller kept receiving feedback and most folks appeared to have received the levers, so I initially didn't get too concerned. He did keep stringing me out saying the item was lost in US customs, and then promised to refund via Paypal. A $90.00 lesson I guess - I knew I should have just spent a few more bucks for the ASV levers.

Yup,

In the process of doing the Paypal thing. Never have done that before so I wasn't too sure how guaranteed that was I'd get my $$ back.

Yup,In the process of doing the Paypal thing. Never have done that before so I wasn't too sure how guaranteed that was I'd get my $$ back.
Sorry to hear of your misadventure. If you still want a set of those levers, may I suggest this seller?

I just got back from a couple hours using them and they are the dogs bollocks! Oh, and they came in about 10 days.

Cheers!