Hooterville 2016 Picture Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to retire so I can hit all these events. Hell, I'd even give the water crossing a try.

..and whoever the lucky fellah is that is with the most coolio woman in the video is one VERY lucky fellah.. Hell, she didn't get excited, helped out, remained coolio. Awesome, lady rider!

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Sorry for the mudslide incident, that blows big time but glad both riders were okay. (Brandon and Julie?)

Cheers Hooter lova's

One more, Arkansas 123...
That looked more like 65 than 23...
smile.png

...but thanks for posting up. You are now officially a Hooterville Goober!

..... Sorry for the mudslide incident, that blows big time but glad both riders were okay. (Brandon and Julie?).....
Yikes! I just watched Julie's video. Holy Crap! I missed this thread and just caught up. Glad you both are OK. Tough day.
That was a tough time, but happy to be okay. It could have easily have been a lot worse.

Pride was hurt more than anything. Still racking my brain watching the video and thinking about what happened.

Just think of me the next time you see a water crossing!!!! Think twice about it!!

The parking lot consensus is that every one of us would have done the exact same thing. I know I would gone right through too. Especially, considering the car preceding you showed the water wasn't deep at all.

At least you can take solice in the fact that at least half a dozen people will never just ride through a small water crossing without getting off and checking it first. For that bit of education I thank you.

At least you can take solice in the fact that at least half a dozen people will never just ride through a small water crossing without getting off and checking it first. For that bit of education I thank you.
That line reminds me of a water crossing that KJ did at a SE Ohio Ramble a while back. It had rained - a LOT - and there were some areas with pretty high water. Seems to me that yamafitter rode through it as well.

That line reminds me of a water crossing that KJ did at a SE Ohio Ramble a while back. It had rained - a LOT - and there were some areas with pretty high water. Seems to me that yamafitter rode through it as well.
Dirt riders ride through water crossings...at least that's what I've seen, including Beemerdon's expeditions to Mexico, and back.

The problem in AR was that this wasn't a flooded condition, this was "a river runs through it" design of the city street system where algae was allowed to grow on a riding surface.

We all would have crossed that seemingly innocent crossing, and we all would have gone down, just like they did.

Some deceptive "slippery when wet" sign doesn't cover the hidden algae growing underneath the water of a semi-permanent condition provided by the city for their residents and visitors. Nobody expects wet algae on a highway, not do they on a city street.