How about some good WFO stories

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First out of Ca. WFO in Moscow Id. Had a few blue ones show up. 2005 models just out. IIRC 120+ bikes a first for FJR's. Like a naive honest guy I am I agreed to let Beeroux, he was still an airhead and by that I mean BMW rider, test ride my 03 around the area. 8 hrs later and 350+ miles of some of the best twistie riding anywhere he showed back up from the ride. And I am sure he never saw triple digits on it. LOL. Well that was all he needed as he has been elevated to a high priest of rally masters and an guru of FJR LD riding. Oh and I got a most excellent FJR 1300 belt buckle by Sharp who hosted the Washington State WFO in 2005 iirc. Can't wait to ride a few hours north of the bay area to WFO 2010

Good memories at both Reno and Park City. :)
Got to meet all the usual suspects in Reno (TWN, Rad,O'Vale,ect) And made some good friends from it too.

Park City was the BEST for me though. those who were there know. And thanks again!
Yep, hands down Park City was the best! Way tooooo much fun was had! I really miss getting to WFO, when I lost my job in May 08, that was the end of my 3 weeks of paid vacation. Now I have no vacation pay and time off is completely last second notice. They tell me on Friday whether or not I'm coming back in on Monday, every week. Last year it turned out I was off for a week and a half during Moscow but it wasn't in the budget to go that far away and registration had been closed for a long time already. Next time y'all come more east, I hope to make it out again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the WFO we had in Eureka was by far the best one............

Oh wait it is not till next month, oh well my predictions are always true.

R

Good memories at both Reno and Park City. :)
Got to meet all the usual suspects in Reno (TWN, Rad,O'Vale,ect) And made some good friends from it too.

Park City was the BEST for me though. those who were there know. And thanks again!
Yep, hands down Park City was the best! Way tooooo much fun was had! I really miss getting to WFO, when I lost my job in May 08, that was the end of my 3 weeks of paid vacation. Now I have no vacation pay and time off is completely last second notice. They tell me on Friday whether or not I'm coming back in on Monday, every week. Last year it turned out I was off for a week and a half during Moscow but it wasn't in the budget to go that far away and registration had been closed for a long time already. Next time y'all come more east, I hope to make it out again.
Ya'll wanna come, just contact the RM. Always a home fer ya, fjrchik !