How fast will an FJR go?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make it a point to not go that fast anymore. Last time I did, I arrived about a week before my butt did and when it did, it was on fire.

Didn't you guys know that the powerplant that went to "ludicrous speed" in Spaceballs - the movie was pulled out of an early model FJR?

Okay, that does it!

I'm going to resist the urge to PhotoShop this and just go out and do it with my FJR.

844-LX1W4409.jpg

The YZF will probably get jealous!

Does a GPS read altitude, or just speed???

<_<

Last edited by a moderator:
P4070023.jpg

[SIZE=36pt]THE CHALLENGE HAS BEEN MADE....[/SIZE]
Is this from the same guy who is lecturing us on another thread about speeding? Who says he'll no longer give a break to anyone caught violating this particular misdemeanor? At this speed, isn't it a mandatory impound of the vehicle involved and arrest of the rider? Sooo, occifer, yew gunna arrest yersef and mek en eggs'-ampull fer thuh rest uh us mortals?

Yo, Jeff! Is that you in the pic? Way cool.

edit: Now, get a move on. Do it on the feejer!

I think it might have been Bounce who had a picture back on the EZ forum of an FJR doing a dirt bike jump... looked like Jeff's... if so, and he could post it, I'd appreciate it!

MadMike2...nice catch :) bettca a cold one @ WFO you don"t get a response :dribble: ...."BECAUSE THE CHALLANGE HAS BEEN MADE" (from a law abiding officer of the law)....whatever that crap means :blink: ....shotguns with buckshot @ 2 paces :blink: ...."THE CHALLENGE HAS BEEN MADE"....well motormouth, er I mean god? What it is :aikido:

Okay, that does it!I'm going to resist the urge to PhotoShop this and just go out and do it with my FJR.

844-LX1W4409.jpg

The YZF will probably get jealous!

Does a GPS read altitude, or just speed???

<_<
Mine reads speed, altitude and VERTICAL SPEED! :dribble: :D

LOL, Madmike you rock.

"motorgod Yesterday, 06:43 PM Post #45

Do you hear me now?

Group: Members

Member No.: 56

I had a scathing response to all this cop-bashing bullshit, but you guys aren't worth it. Unless you are in the job you can never understand the job. Don't give me this "my mommy/daddy were cops, so I know." No you don't know. Your mommy/daddy spared you and never let you into their cop life. They did a great job of protecting you from the horrors they dealt with. As far as giving breaks? I give breaks to all my close friends (if the crime is an infraction), my family (you would cite your own wife/mother?), complete strangers, and yes other cops. Do I give breaks 100% of the time? Only to my wife (cause she'll pay later and to my mom, cause I'm not a robot) So don't bore me with that "cops give cops" break bullshit, because I have cited and arrested other cops. If you are going to make blanket statements you had better do your research.

Oh btw....I will make sure NO COP BASHING RESPONDENT of this thread EVER gets a break, cause that woudn't be right. We are there to enforce the law, you pay my salary and I want to make sure you get your monies worth! "

1. Nice to see everyone documenting their rides in case some legal beagle needs to do some internet research related to how we ride (wrecks, tickets, etc.).
Did I say 130? The sinus medication must have made me mis-stroke my key board (yes TWN I said mis-stroke just for you :p ) I NEVER go above the posted limit! :D

OMG ! My GPS has a recording of 151mph on it. I do not know how that happened! It could not have been on my FJR on a level road over a damn 2 and a half mile dam with not one other vehicle on the dam at the time.

And it certainly could not have happened with me riding it.

I am sure glad for all the do-gooders here chastising you other hooligans. I am sure none of them EVER violate ANY motor vehicle laws. They have probably blacked out their speedos above 55mph. (Don't tell them an FJR can do 60 in first.)

Last edited:
My GPS goes on tomorrow. And then a long day of riding scheduled for Thursday. Hmmm...wonder what will happen? ;)

we'll have to watch fjrchik....she'll probably screw it up for us by blowing through Leo picture stand at about 120 mph or more knowing her ;)