How Florida looked today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfooshee

O, Woe is me!!
Reaction score
'Bout this time of year it starts: "The season's over, gotta put the bike away for the winter, the snow is falling and the roads are icing up."

Geez, why the %$^@ would anybody voluntarily live in a place where water turns solid, by itself, outdoors??!?!?!?!

So to head off that wambulance, I just wanted to show you how it looked here today. That done, I promise (yeah, right) not to laugh when you Yankees and Canucks whine about the snow.

DSC_3220.jpg

This was from out at the state park which lies on the channel between the bay and the gulf. Some other shots of bugs and things while I was out there:

DSC_3176.jpg

DSC_3158.jpg

DSC_3169.jpg

DSC_3173.jpg

DSC_3203.jpg

DSC_3211.jpg

Nice pics BUT Florida has humidity, why the *%^# would anyone voluntarily live with that with humidity? California may be the land of fruits and nuts but we outlawed humidity years ago. Keep your flatland, up here in the hills we ride 327.5 days a year :lol:

Disclaimer: PWDrinking Patron

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics BUT Florida has humidity, why the *%^# would anyone voluntarily live with that with humidity? California may be the land of fruits and nuts but we outlawed humidity years ago. Keep your flatland, up here in the hills we ride 327.5 days a year :lol:

Disclaimer: PWDrinking Patron
Here is what Lake Roosevelt, Arizona looked like yesterday: Site of the Annual AZ Beemers Barbecue and Picnic. I do miss my Home State of California though! I couldn't live in Florida, unless they deport RadioHowie! Hey Captain U Turn: Send us some pictures of Sudbury, Ontario, Canuckistan right now!

Disclaimer: Drinking my morning coffee with three fingers of Bailey's Irish Cream in it!

6271432926_003ede1ce6_z.jpg

6270906121_2d9e18c052_z.jpg

6271432706_637b2883b6_z.jpg

6270905899_a948a115a5_z.jpg

6271432478_b90b98f158_z.jpg

6270905711_d4fd4cb140_z.jpg

6271432346_33f0625b04_z.jpg

6270905579_203c80192f_z.jpg

6270905513_ce073afc22_z.jpg

6271432176_99aafbfa49_z.jpg

6271432124_5ce603b099_z.jpg

6271432070_ebb5c6911d_z.jpg

Florida has big flying cockroaches and straight roads, Arizona has heat that will kill you 300 days a year and Kalifornia... well that is all I have to say about the land of strange laws.

Why the hell would anybody want to live in those places? :p

I'll add Michigan, it has a Bustanut living there.... 'nuff said.

:D :p

We don't have many trees, but we have flying cactus (no shi* the needles will fly into you if U get close)

We don't have many trees, but we have flying cactus (no shi* the needles will fly into you if U get close)
Lived in Vegas for 3 years as a kid, no trees there either but lots of desert to explore. In laws live in Sun City West

lots of cactus and clue tips there. :lol: Never been to Kingman. My mom lived there for awhile so I had a good excuse not to.

I've seen Cholla jumping cactus (flying cactus) but luckily never met one up close and personal.

Ok Walter

Here are pictures of today's walk

399096823.jpg

Here is looking the other way towards the lighthouse

399096824.jpg

The only wild life we could find on our walk were these guys

399096826.jpg

'Bout this time of year it starts: "The season's over, gotta put the bike away for the winter, the snow is falling and the roads are icing up."

Geez, why the %$^@ would anybody voluntarily live in a place where water turns solid, by itself, outdoors??!?!?!?!

So to head off that wambulance, I just wanted to show you how it looked here today. That done, I promise (yeah, right) not to laugh when you Yankees and Canucks whine about the snow.
Great Pics! ... Butt ... You live up NORTH. I don't think I could deal with THAT cold! :p

BTW- To cure the lack of twisties we just keep making circles on the on/off ramps of our slabs. :huh:

I took these photos last weekend on a trip from Hamilton to Ottawa, Ontario. The round trip was 1241 km (772 miles) in wet and cold weather. Yes we have a shorter riding season, so if you don't ride in the cold don't bother riding. Not everyone sees it that way, but I bought the FJR to extend the riding season in the spring and fall. I would not have made this trip in October on my VFR.

Phil

P1000538.jpg

P1000557.jpg

P1000569.jpg

P1000575.jpg

I'm late getting to this - spent the last week in Key West riding my, um, cruiser bicycle to all places Old Town. I needed a break - temps here in Central Florida been dipping to the 60's at night.

The thing about curves and Florida's lack of them is that they are only a day's ride away - really less than that. Take me some ~7 hrs to get to Asheville, NC AND I can go when the weather is nice if I want.

Dunno - I've lived all over the US, and Florida ain't that bad IMO; survive the summer (as in ride where ya want in the US) and nice winters! My heated gear plug in stays under the seat most of the time. Don't need it in my area; most gets used if I'm elsewhere...

I took these photos last weekend on a trip from Hamilton to Ottawa, Ontario. The round trip was 1241 km (772 miles) in wet and cold weather. Yes we have a shorter riding season, so if you don't ride in the cold don't bother riding. Not everyone sees it that way, but I bought the FJR to extend the riding season in the spring and fall. I would not have made this trip in October on my VFR.

Phil

P1000538.jpg

P1000557.jpg

P1000569.jpg

P1000575.jpg

Lived just south of the Can/Am border in northern NY for many years....same scenery, beautiful! Riding season might be a bit shorter than some but life without that gorgeous 'change of season' scenery is just empty and droll.