How nimble is your FJR? what about vs a K1200?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out my write up on the k1200s - I make comparisons to both
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...6&hl=k1200s

It is more nimble than the FJR. I really liked the ESA suspension, a little weird at first but was excellent once the twisties arrived.

Aside from my engine meltdown in the middle of the desert the k1200s was a fantastic bike.
Joe

Curious were they able to tell what went wrong with beeeemr, it is always nice to know of the failure mode of products.

BB

My buddy has a K1200S,

I've got an FJR.

He is the one who recommended the FJR to me,

because, when we rode together, he had to slow down too much to keep me any where close by ....

AND I was riding a BMW GS 1150 at the time.

When we ride together, I can't keep up with him on the twisties.

This might be because the BMW is a lighter bike with more HP, and more refined suspension,

or else,

it might be because he is a much younger and much better rider and a bit more insane than me

[ he used to race motocross BEFORE he broke his pelvis riding too fast in a loose gravel corner ... his wife forbade him to ride for 10 years until he managed to convince her that he was much more mature now, and sweet talked her into the K1200S as a couples therapy thing " we can tour two up on the K bike darling, and it will be a wonderful bonding experience" ....

WHAT A LIAR!!!!

He has offered more than once to swap bikes with me for a short trial ride,

but when I got on his K1200,

with the "dog humping a football" seating arrangement,

I could not even make it out of the parking lot before my beat up old back started to tell me that this was NOT the ride for me.

PLUS,

when we go out together two up, with our power back warmers along to keep things semi-sane,

my wife is a lot more comfortable on the back seat on my FJR, than his wife is on his K1200.

Since both our wives are adrenaline junkies and LOVE speed, maybe things are not all that sane after all,

but when we are riding together, both doubled up, it seems it is easier for me to keep up with the K1200s.

So maybe the FJR rides better with a load on and the K1200S rides better with a single rider???

[;{)

LAZ 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out my write up on the k1200s - I make comparisons to both
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...6&hl=k1200s

It is more nimble than the FJR. I really liked the ESA suspension, a little weird at first but was excellent once the twisties arrived.

Aside from my engine meltdown in the middle of the desert the k1200s was a fantastic bike.
Let me get this straight except for the bike going boom it is fantastic. I guess you could sat the same thing about a chick who gave you a STD or herpes.