How to polish your exhaust??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spine60

Reaction score
Does anyone have a great way to polish the exhaust between were the cans go on and the engine?? :dribble:

I use Comet stainless steel cleaner (it's a powder) and a wet scotch brite pad. I then finish it off using a wad of Nevr Dull to give it a little shine. Plenty of practice from getting the melted boot goo off of the exhaust on the kickstand side.

Does anyone have a great way to polish the exhaust between were the cans go on and the engine??  :dribble:
Is this a euphemism for this?
jerkoff.gif
I need to see if the wife wants to "polish my exhaust" tonight.

Does anyone have a great way to polish the exhaust between were the cans go on and the engine??   :dribble:
Is this a euphemism for this?
jerkoff.gif
I need to see if the wife wants to "polish my exhaust" tonight.
Wax on . . . . . . . . . Wax off.

Now change hands.

But seriously, since I have no wife I have to polish my own exhaust, which is why it is not polished. :bleh:

Last edited by a moderator:
But seriously, since I have no wife I have to polish my own exhaust, which is why it is not polished. :bleh:
What the hell are you talking about?

I have a wife, but my exhaust got polished far more often when I didn't have a wife. Is this one of life's cruel jokes?

-BD

But seriously, since I have no wife I have to polish my own exhaust, which is why it is not polished.  :bleh:
What the hell are you talking about?

I have a wife, but my exhaust got polished far more often when I didn't have a wife. Is this one of life's cruel jokes?

-BD
Gently, gently.

Since this is the FJR-specific discussions area I was trying to get back on track, mostly. Which means, the exhaust on my scoot has never been polished though I might let a 'wife' (or gf) polish on it if she felt it needed polishing. And since the thread was deteriorating I left room to be misinterpreted. :p :p

Besides, I never really though of that, ah, area of the anatomy as an exhaust. More of an injector really, when you think about it. And I am going to stop now because it is every thing I can do not to make 10 or 20 different jokes about this whole thing. :bigeyes:

maybe I will go polish that exhaust pipe after all. A wet scotch brite pad you say?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found WD-40 and 000 steel wool work wonders on exhaust. Actual exhaust. On the motorcycle. Really.

I polished the header pipe with "Mothers Paste" and a rag. Then I installed the "Tanji Heel Guards" from the FJRTech site. I do still polish the headers, though they are Holeshot pieces now.

I use a blue remover I got at the dealer, comes in a paste in a little small bottle at yami, otherwise if it doesn't have any tar, I use a good glass cleaner.

Right-on with those heat shields, Loingrader!

As far as the..a...other subject of this thread...if you are polishing indiscriminately, then you had better have some shields as well. And you still might get burned! :lol:

Right-on with those heat shields, Loingrader!
As far as the..a...other subject of this thread...if you are polishing indiscriminately, then you had better have some shields as well. And you still might get burned! :lol:
If it is burning, maybe you should just stop. :rolf:

Or use a different, er, polishing compound. :haha: