How to ride to Alaska

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Pops, have your Grandsons George, Marcus and Kevin offered to take you up to Alaska with them yet? When Papa Chuy Viejo next rides to AK I am taking Sofia Vergara with me, HUBBA!

sofia-vergara-440.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin, George and Brad: Get your hands on the July 2012 issue of Rider Magazine! On pages 56-64 they have published a great article: "Alaska Roadhouse Run - The Valdez to Fairbanks Trail", Story and Photos by Dennis Bible! Maybe Pops Niehart subscribes to this mag!

https://www.ridermagazine.com/plan-your-ride/the-haul-road-a-motorcycle-tour-of-alaskas-dalton-highway.htm Here is a great Alaska touring article by Rider.

https://www.ridermagazine.com/plan-your-ride/alaska-and-yukon-ayres-adventures-motorcycle-tour-2011.htm And here is how Ayres Adventures rides Alaska!

If you guys ride up to Alaska you really should take Dave B. along with you, between three motorcycles you should be able to pack along enough Depends for him!

images.jpg

Reading the latest Rider rag right now Don. They've had a couple good Alaska articles in past issues too.

No worries regarding Pops and his *special needs*! Kevin has a trailer now, and we've already got it stocked up for the trip! ;)

--G

Brad, Kevin and George: We need to ride to the "Dust 2 Dawson" Rally before "Pops" Niehart and Papa Chuy get way too fecking old, even though I think that Dave B. may already be there and that he also has the damn T-shirt! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Alaska.......

Next summer, for my 50th birthday

fuck.....next year ...............ack

Alaska.......

Don't be scared, Life after 50 isn't that bad looking back at it after 60+. The fuck part still works also. :rolleyes: :)

Alaska.......

Don't be scared, Life after 50 isn't that bad looking back at it after 60+. The fuck part still works also. :rolleyes: :)
I'm not scared, and lookin' forward to being an Oma in Sept, I just don't know where the flippin' time went LOL

Good to know about the fuck part. I been planning ahead by picking that younger fella I got. I plan on smiling for a long time yet

:p

Brad, you might also get in touch with Highlander. He made his Alaska trek before NAFO in Golden and stopped there on the way home (remember the WeeStrom in the parking lot).

I have been known to get a bit cranky when alone

Oh boy........ :(

I have been known to get a bit cranky when alone

Oh boy........ :(
Make sure to get some meds before NAFO. We don't want you going postal on us or whatever you do when your cranky. :rolleyes:
No Worries and No Fears Ray, we Irishmen actually prefer the Crazy Cranky Ones! Papa Chuy used to date Courtney Love, Old Michael is still seeing her! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

love_courtney.jpg