Motorcycle First-Aid Clinic

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feeger

Reaction score
I just signed up for a Motorcycle First-Aid clinic at A&S Powersports in Roseville. I hope I never need the skills, I'm only going for the FREE DONUTS...

Here's the info if anyone wants to go:

Link to Meetup Page

Description from site:

It's time for our annual Motorcycle First-Aid class April 18th, 2009 starting at 9:45 a.m. (Donuts are served at 9). The class will be taught by Firefighter Paramedic Phil Challinor, and will cover everything you need to know when you're first on scene in the horrible instance a riding friend goes down. You will walk away from the day with the skills and knowledge to properly handle any emergency situation, and it is imperative for any who ride in groups of two or more to attend. A&S Powersports is supplying you with lunch, and the class will most likely run from 9:45 to 3 p.m.

If you would like to attend, please RSVP at [email protected]. Spaces fill quickly and we limit the class to about 75 people.

I hope to see you all there, and please e-mail Megan if you have any questions at all.

A&S BMW, Vespa & Ducati

1125 Orlando Ave

Roseville, CA 95661

916-726-7334

I've done something similar through Doc Wong's clinics here in the Bay Area. Well worth the time, imo, and I, like you, hope I never need to use those skills.

I've done something similar through Doc Wong's clinics here in the Bay Area. Well worth the time, imo, and I, like you, hope I never need to use those skills.
Yo, I've taken a similar course through my job with the State of CA. This is a good thing! Do it, and I will look forward to riding in your company!

Uhh? You need to be a "competent survivor" of the course, combined with an "issued" certificate to be certified in my book!

I'm sure they will cover it, but as a 20-year paramedic let me say: The most important skill you will learn has nothing to do with medicine. It is the first step of securing the scene. That means insuring traffic is aware of the hazard, the hazard is eliminated or reduced and no one else gets hurt.

I'm sure they will cover it, but as a 20-year paramedic let me say: The most important skill you will learn has nothing to do with medicine. It is the first step of securing the scene. That means insuring traffic is aware of the hazard, the hazard is eliminated or reduced and no one else gets hurt.
Yup! And truly, the only "big" things we learned were CPR, helmet removal (last resort), general first aid and kits to carry, and accident scene management. Keeping folks calm is a biggie as well so someone doesn't go off running into the road and become a part of the rescue effort.

Yup! And truly, the only "big" things we learned were CPR, helmet removal (last resort), general first aid and kits to carry, and accident scene management. Keeping folks calm is a biggie as well so someone doesn't go off running into the road and become a part of the rescue effort.

I've been putting off buying a comprehensive first-aid kit to keep on the bike. I plan on putting a nice kit together with the knowledge I gain from the class.

I'm going and dragging my daughter with me who's about to get her bike endorsement. I'm the worst for first aid preparedness, I don't even carry a band-aid on dirt rides! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts