http://thetankslapper.biz/

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
Ordered a new tankslapper piece to use on top of my gas tank since the one on there has yellowed so badly. The newfangled tank topper piece also covers the area of high scratching in front of your pants zipper. Cool, I only need to order the one piece.

My order submitted on 9/2/08. After not receiving it by 9/12/08, I dug up my e-receipt & emailed them to see if my order had been put in the mail.

On 9/16/08 (today) I received a return message. Guess what, my tankslapper piece was mailed out on the day that I emailed them to ask where my order was.

So much for ordering weeks in advance of needing it. Once again, ordering early has done me no good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered one through a second party and when it arrived it was the wrong one. But I didnt't notice for weeks because I don't have alot of time to wrench. And there it sat on the work bench. So I emailed the "tech" at thier site once I noticed the mistake. They sent a new one right away, no questions asked! Boy was I shocked. The right one came but it was a real bitch to install, lots of heat gun action and beer. But it's saved my paint so I'll probably get another one when I need it.

I ordered the kit for the 2008 FJR at the end of last year. I went to put it on this Summer and it had a scratch that really stuck out on the black FJR. I called and they knew what I was talking about and wanted me to put it on a pan, put it in the oven, heat to xxx for xxx minutes, etc. I said I'd pay for a new piece, just send it out. They told me to call back the next day. I called back and they said they'd send a new one out free of charge. Great. It came and also was scratched (a white scratch same as the first one, different place). I just put it on and am living with it. I had the kit on my 2004 FJR and was very happy, but looks like quality control is a little down now. Just a warning.

Last edited by a moderator: