Hwy 28 ROCKS!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vroompuppy

Reaction score
Good Afternoon fellow feejer lovers,

The title pretty much says it all as far as I'm concerned - this vid was shot on Hwy 28/64 between Highlands, NC and Franklin, NC.

WARNING: If you like straight roads and mellow music you may find this video offensive.....Get Over It!!

Crank it up and enjoy......I hope.

Thanks,

VPup

https://community.motozania.com/_Hwy-28-ROC...0999/29029.html

vroompuppy I know what ya mean about highway 28. I use to live in Anderson, S.C. and I would go to Wallhalla S.C. and get on Hwy28 and ride it all the way up to Deals Gaps. That road is a blast all the way up to Deals Gaps resort. Highlands use to be my play ground. There is some really awesome roads to ride in that area. I'm jealous. I miss the roads alot. I'm in the Northeast now and I live in the Green Mountains and we have fun twisty roads but the winter is hard on the pavement. Lots of bumps and frost heaves. Great video

Eric

28 is an incredible ride. I used to live in Clemson, and like Eric, I'd run all the way up 28 from Walhalla through the Highlands up to the Dragon. In fact, I like 28 better than the Cherohala Skyway - longer, twistier. For those unfamiliar with 28 who live in the southeast or for those who may be planning a trip to Deal's Gap, 28 is a road that just shouldn't be missed! And don't forget to adjust your suspension or else you'll be grinding those acorn feelers on the pegs fer shur!

Nice job Vroom!

Great Video and music!!

The wife and I will be going to meet up with my brother and do some camping at Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah, NC in two weeks. We'll be there for 4 days and nights. We'll have to check out the Dragon but since he's a novice, (just finished ABATE), I'm thinking Highway 28 looks great and the BRP too. Any of you know the area well enough to recommend any other 'several hour' scenic routes in the area that aren't too travelled or maybe don't require a lot of bike experience? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Shhh....Y'all are going to turn this area into another Deals Gap-the cops are allready getting thick on 178 and Caeser's Head.

FJRScorp, here's a few suggestions: from the dragon take the Cheohala Skyway over to Telico and then down into the north Ga mtns. Hit Two Wheel Only for lunch. Check out Brasstown Bald. You won't be dissappointed. Some of the Ga locals can give you more specific routes-I just wander around half lost and run into these places. Take Warwoman Road back over to 28. 28/64 to Franklin then Wayah Bald Rd back up to 19.

If I'm taking you're comments about brother's novice status correctly, don't assume that 28 and similar roads are better for a novices (like me). I've been glad to stop for a break in Highlands to let the sphincter spasms reside after hitting a couple of blind decreasing radius turns on 28, while trying to keep up with a bunch of old fast dudes on beemers, caused a pucker divot in my seat cover.

Thanks for that! I spent two hours last night programming a 193 mile "Eastern" loop on my zumo including Franklin, 28, Highlands, BRP, Maggie Valley, and 19. Thanks vroompuppy. :D That will be day 2. I figure day one will need to include the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway and the areas you mention. :D Day three will probably be the waterfall loop with slide rock and others. Day 4 will be to allow the sphincter muscle to return to its normal size. Much appreciated!!! :p

Shhh....Y'all are going to turn this area into another Deals Gap-the cops are allready getting thick on 178 and Caeser's Head.
FJRScorp, here's a few suggestions: from the dragon take the Cheohala Skyway over to Telico and then down into the north Ga mtns. Hit Two Wheel Only for lunch. Check out Brasstown Bald. You won't be dissappointed. Some of the Ga locals can give you more specific routes-I just wander around half lost and run into these places. Take Warwoman Road back over to 28. 28/64 to Franklin then Wayah Bald Rd back up to 19.

If I'm taking you're comments about brother's novice status correctly, don't assume that 28 and similar roads are better for a novices (like me). I've been glad to stop for a break in Highlands to let the sphincter spasms reside after hitting a couple of blind decreasing radius turns on 28, while trying to keep up with a bunch of old fast dudes on beemers, caused a pucker divot in my seat cover.
Whar the heck ya been......hadn't heard from you since we rode w/Ogre last Nov....of course I didn't see ya'll much then either - LOL

But he's right Scorpion, Cherohala is probably better for newbies; and try GA Hwy 348 (Richard B. Russell) when ya get south.

Heck, if ya wanna meet up and have a N. GA guided tour I always love a good ride....just PM me the day before.

VPup

Well I'm gonna havta go ahead and agree with ya on this one! Especially the sections east and west of Fontana Dam. Smooth pavement and fairly predictable curves.

Good Afternoon fellow feejer lovers,The title pretty much says it all as far as I'm concerned - this vid was shot on Hwy 28/64 between Highlands, NC and Franklin, NC.

WARNING: If you like straight roads and mellow music you may find this video offensive.....Get Over It!!

Crank it up and enjoy......I hope.

Thanks,

VPup

https://community.motozania.com/_Hwy-28-ROC...0999/29029.html
i didn't have a chance to watch your video, but i can still agree with you that 28 is a great road, for the fj rallies we always make a point to ride it a few times. much better than the dragon, at least for me on a heavy bike like the fj/fjr.