I can't get it up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

playinatwork

Reaction score
I am having a hard time getting the front wheel up to ride a wheelie on my AE. I've done it a few times but it feels like I'm about to tear the driveshaft out of it. Is there a way to wheelie an AE without a clutch lever that I don't know about?

Happy Friday!

Find a large friend to sit on the back. There, problem solved.

Gotta' love Fridays! :to_become_senile:

Find a large friend to sit on the back. There, problem solved.
Gotta' love Fridays!
to_become_senile.gif
This is one of the better Fridays I've seen in awhile!

They supposedly make a little blue pill to help with that issue.....

Friday!

spongebobjumping.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Twist your right wrist rearwards until you hear the rev limiter start working......then vigorously and rapidly release your left had from around the clutch lever as fast as humanly possible.

I'm not certain.....but I have reason to believe the front tire may lift off.....

***NOTE****

If you preload the driveline just a tiny bit......you want to be able to stop forward progress with your feet.....it will help with all of that banging and clanging that's making you think the drive shaft is about to wrap itself in two.

**Post Script**

odd...I'm looking to sell my FZ1 and get a 2016 FJR because, among other things, it power lifts the front wheel WAY too easy in the first 2 gears and sometimes in 3rd if I don't have much gas on board.....when you have the wick at full twist on a curved onramp and it starts to power wheelie and walk towards the gravel line, the pucker factor will redline and you will wish you were still on the FJR....

Just some random thoughts and MHO....

I have a dirt bike. Thanks for being so much more helpful.
Please tell me you're messing around and not really getting ass-hurt about the answers here. It's a 600lb sport tourer with an auto clutch. Most of us don't wheelie them on purpose, and most of us don't ride AEs. If you ride a dirt bike and know how to wheelie the same principles apply. Figure it out.

Also, don't ride like a douche bag. It gives the rest of us a bad name.