I had to clean the Garage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rock on!

Can't believe its been that long since your son joined. Please thank him for me and I hope he has many a performance award free days ahead of him.

Greg

Bust, I thank your son for his service and wish for him many fun and award free days in the future.
rolleyes.gif

I'm sure Barry is torn between, "wow, that's a cool toy", and "isn't there a better place to put your money?"

Our kids make their choices, and he sure has earned the right to make his. and wow!, that's a cool toy! Congrats to the father for finding some space in the garage. Does this mean the Hondapotamus is displaced?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure Barry is torn between, "wow, that's a cool toy", and "isn't there a better place to put your money?"
Our kids make their choices, and he sure has earned the right to make his. and wow!, that's a cool toy! Congrats to the father for finding some space in the garage. Does this mean the Hondapotamus is displaced?
you hit that one right Tom..

I thought he'd be better off investing but after looking at his financial situation,what he has going right now and future plans. He's going to be fine.

Only borrowed half of the sales price so he'd have a "safety net" if things go astray. and has well over 30K squirreled away.

He has a business venture he runs when uncle isn't using his talents and has 2 other guys who work for him.

The kid knows what he wants and knows he's going to have to work for it, but i see him doing well when he gets out next summer.

Well it's here.. Hate to say it but the garage couch has to go. It takes up too much space now.
bye.gif

here014_zpsf9dac92d.jpg

here005_zps9cca10ee.jpg

I could definitely contribute to the policeman's ball fund If I owned it.

Dude...Are you stupid? Policemen don't have balls! Wait, what???!!!

That's a purty car. Just wait until he has to buy tires. Better take it easy on the smokem' sessions for a while.

I can see it now where that'll be on the signature line for half a dozen forumites.
grin.gif

BOT.... Very cool car Barry. From what you have said of your son in the past, he seems to have his noogin screwed on right. I'm sure you don't have too many concerns about him flying cruising around the countryside in that car.

"Dude...Are you stupid? Policemen don't have balls!" HotRodZilla

Tires aren't cheap, but worth it. I use the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my C6, and those cost about $1,400 and last me 25,000 miles. WAY better then the stock Goodyear Eagle crap that break free in a turn without predictability. Many options for that car that are discussed on the corvetteforum. Tell him good luck. My son is on his 3rd deployment with the Army in 4 years and will most likely get out at the end of his commitment, which is in 3 years. The only good thing about being deployed is the money they make. Hopefully they get to come home to enjoy it.

Noted Ulewz.. However the fronts are brand new and the rears just over 2800 miles so it will be some time before they need to go.

You're the third guy who mentioned Michelin's, Buddy replaced his Eagles with them on his "11 ZO6 and said no more eagles!

Michelin will most likely be the choice when the time comes.