I Need a Roadtrip!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
The days are getting shorter, nights cooler and the opportunities for a decent ride in the Northeast are dwindling.

The Parameters:

Possibly starting Thursday, October 06 (If I can get away from work). Need to decide no later than Tuesday PM
4 to 5 days - up to ~600 miles/day
Leaving from Central New Brunswick (Canada)
Camping, if possible. Hotels, if necessary.
Not too touristy (i.e. leaf peepers). Trees won't be turning this soon in more southern latitudes. (I don't need to travel to see leaf colors)
Some place(s) I haven't been to a hundred times already (i.e. Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont or Canadian Maritimes)
Probably a bit cool at night for me to consider camping in Quebec.
Planning on a solo trip but if anyone is interested in meeting up and riding according to the above parameters, then great. Hotels are more affordable if cost is split.

I haven't done anything in the national or State forests in PA. Don't know much about the area.
I could make it down to Virginia and West Virginia but time would be tight. Maybe Skyline drive and then return. A lot of slab!
Thought about coastal North Carolina (Hatteras to Kitty Hawk then Chesapeake Tunnel-Bridge) Almost impossible to do in less than a full week. May be tropical storm issues there next weekend, anyway.

I probably should have taken the week to do EOM but I had "Stuff" going on at work and had to be there.

I would appreciate some suggestions...

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind! Work reared its ugly head again. Might get away for just a couple of days but that means relatively local. I was looking forward to a 5 (maybe even 6) day trip. Won't be another chance this season.

Last edited by a moderator: