I suck!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BanjoBoy

Reaction score
I dun tossed mah baby down the road last Saturdy.
weirdsmiley.gif

(I had some photos linked to photobuck here, it said I can't use 'em?)

Dunno what happened, I wuz rail'in Lumpkin, 'n some nasty logging roads, then went up La Porte (Fer those of you who know norcal) railed the gnarlier sections of La Porte, then was just cruise'in a few miles from Quincy and next thing I know I'm tumble'in across the road. A good samaritin stopped and help me pick the thing up, and pry the "fairing frame" away from the forks so I could ride the thing away, but I think it's totalled.
sad.png

If so, I have the rough decision of which generation to buy?
tonguesmiley.gif

Gravel on the road? Once you get over the top and down on the Quincy side the corners are loaded with gravel from cagers who can't get through a corner without dragging a wheel off the road.

I started to head over to Lumpkin last Saturday but turned back for home due to the thick smoke from the Swedes fire near Oroville.

Sorry to hear you hurt the baby but glad you are (more or less) ok. Like flying an airplane, any stop you can walk away from is a good stop.

(I had some photos linked to photobuck here, it said I can't use 'em?)
The "Forum link" line on Photobucket doesn't work here any more. Use the Direct link to get that code, and then use the image button in the post editor, paste that direct link into the window that the image button pops up.

The image button hasn't worked for a long time. At least for me anyway. I finally figured out if I right click over the picture in photobucket to copy and then right click over the forum post it seems to work for me.

Good luck, it ain't easy gettin pictures to post here anymore.

Dave

Thanks y'all, I'd quote ya, butt last time I tried that it didn;t go so well.
sad.png

Basically I'm ok, dun busted mah little pinky finger purdie good, and wore a little hole though one of mah cheesy, $35 BILT gloves.
rolleyes.gif

Not bad fer be'in 53 (In human years) and bounce'in down the road at :throatclear 55 mph.
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

(Let's see if a pic will work?)

hand_zps400be428.jpg

If not, here's the link...

https://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp290/werdsirom/Bikes/hand_zps400be428.jpg

Lumpkin is gnarly dood, thought fer sure I wuz on a dead end logging road, butt then came upon a couple wood nymphs pick'in berries and asked 'em; "where the fuck am I?"

One of them hawties told me ta stay on forest road 94 so I did, and eventually came out on La Porte road just east of La Porte at Little Grass Valley Reservoir. It's purdie goaty w/ sections dirt.

I recon gravel wuz a factor, butt I'd been ride'in on gravel 'n dirt roads all day. When I've bailed before, shit usually slows down and I can look back at wut happened, but this time I have no clue. I went into a right hander, but the left sides of me 'n the bikes are worse off, and the bike came ta rest on the right side.

I'm just pissed I didn't spend any time re-creating what happened at the accident scene, butt see'in I wuz 280 mi. from home, my concern wuz get'in back to the compound before work Monday morn'in.

Whiners alwayz complain 'bout the weight of the FJR, butt it's never bean an issue for me; 'til I tried load'in the thang in the back of mah pick 'em up truck!
laugh.gif

https://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp290/werdsirom/Bikes/468_2_zpsf21a5044.jpg

https://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp290/werdsirom/Bikes/611_2_zpsd0a883b0.jpg

you probably used to talk normal till you hit your head on the road.lol.bike is only cosmetic damage and will buff right out or Gerald will fix.glad you are ok.

I vote for gravel on the roadway. That side of LaPorte Rd. has claimed many bikes.

We did a recon run on the top yesterday and it was great until we were on the east side then the smoke was just too thick so we railed back toward LaPorte.

Crashing just sucks.

Glad you're ok, but sounds like you need to get a sportbike in addition to replacing your FJR. Sportbikes "rail" much better.

Bike looks like shit same for your hand, glad you could walk away man though.

Do you surf?

No but seriously I'm glad you're ok I'm shocked you could ride home after.